1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Beginner help!

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Nothanks, Jun 27, 2013.

1. Nothanks

Nothanks
    Expand Collapse

Hello everyone! I need some help with Torque 3D. Does anyone know any good sites for free models like trees, bushes, grass, rocks etc.
    And if someone know any reason why my ground texture looks like this? Im very new with this kind of program so some tips would be great! Thanks! :)
    asd.PNG

2. Davidbc

Davidbc
    Expand Collapse

For the vegetation models I don't know any website, all the vegetation I'm using is from the Pacific demo of Torque. And for the textures, you have to change the settings here:

texture.jpg

Paint tool --> Double-click one texture --> Change the Diffuse and Detail settings until it looks good to you. And also if you just have a Diffuse texture, use it as Detail too, or it will look weird.

3. Nothanks

Nothanks
    Expand Collapse

Pacific demo? :eek: Im sorry but where do I get that? And thanks for the answer! :)

4. Davidbc

Davidbc
    Expand Collapse

5. Nothanks

Nothanks
    Expand Collapse

Thank you! :)

- - - Updated - - -

sadsda.PNG
    Another thing, no texture showed up when I downloaded the Pacific demo :eek:

6. Davidbc

Davidbc
    Expand Collapse

You have to copy the textures into your project folder, and then create a new texture layer.

7. n0ah1897

n0ah1897
    Expand Collapse

Can anybody link me to some good video tutorials? I've seen a few decent written tutorials, but my brain can't learn by reading.

8. Sh3lbYe

Sh3lbYe
    Expand Collapse

You can find good ones here:
    http://tf3dm.com/3d-models/plants

but i dont think there are any collada models so i sugest you to import to blender and then export to collada file. good luck with the map ;)

9. LJFHutch

LJFHutch
    Expand Collapse
    Environment Artist
    BeamNG Team

Those aren't optimized for realtime stuff though, they're between 30 000 and 80 000 poly which is more appropriate for a car. By comparison most of the trees in BeamNG are 800 to 1500 or so.

If you're only going to place one or two they might be okay, for a show area where they'll be right next to the camera. It would still be better to use optimized objects though.

#9 LJFHutch, Jun 28, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2013
  10. Nothanks

Nothanks
    Expand Collapse

Is my level soppuse to be in the fps tutorial levels map? :eek:
    nevermind i got it :D

#10 Nothanks, Jun 28, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2013
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice