Best Gtx 1070 GPU

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware' started by A Turbocharged Turbocharger, Jan 24, 2019.

1. A Turbocharged Turbocharger

A Turbocharged Turbocharger
    Expand Collapse

I'm building a PC and I'm going to use a gtx 1070. Which one is the best for (preferably under $400)
    Evga, Msi, Gigabyte, or something else?

2. BannedByAndroid

BannedByAndroid
    Expand Collapse

Instead of a GTX 1070, how about a Vega 56? About the same price as the 1070, but more faster. Undervolt and overclock it and you could get (stock) GTX 1080-ish performance while consuming less power than stock.

3. The _covet

The _covet
    Expand Collapse

It also depends on what FPS you will be gaming at if all you want is 1080p 60 go for a GTX 1060 6GB or RX 570 8GB, if you want to do 1080p 120FPS then go for the 1070 but keep in mind that you'll need a monitor that can do 120HZ.

4. A Turbocharged Turbocharger

Expand Collapse

Damn can it do that on west coast in high quality?

5. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

More expensive around here, not much faster, much more power consumed requiring you to make sure you have a better pOwer supply. Outside of the US, the 56 and 64 both suck
    --- Post updated ---
    As for 1070s. A 1070 is a 1070. Doesn't matter who it's from. Some manufacturers are putting an overclock on them as stock, you can confirm this from their spec sheets, and they all use different coolers, but the cards themselves are the same

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. A Turbocharged Turbocharger

Expand Collapse

I agree about AMD, but there is a huge price range of the 1070s

7. A Turbocharged Turbocharger

Expand Collapse

bumpity bump bump bump

8. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Depends from the definition of the best.

Price tends to correlate with how good parts are used and how good cooler is etc.

Parts you can't see are ones where costs has been cut.

Also how far you want to dive in into finding the whatever best you are looking for, there are very detailed analysis available where people identify different components and capabilities of said components, not all cards are equal, but for normal use they do about same with different kind of noise levels as well as length of life.

AMD, can't recommend, just no, people have still black streaks as AMD does not fix drivers, also some Vega cards use type of components that are very likely to have coil whine etc. AMD has even given up competing with Nvidia on faster GPUs, their latest one is just datacenter number cruncher re-branded, not a gaming GPU per design. There is no money for AMD to be made on higher end GPU market, so all that will come are re-brands of mining GPUs with not the best driver support and some lower end gaming models.

One just need to look numbers of sold GPUs, with sales AMD does they won't have resources to efficiently compete on same quality and support level. Fans will be angry, but sadly such is state of GPU market these days, AMD just is not going to be anything to look for with higher end GPUs.

9. A Turbocharged Turbocharger

Expand Collapse

I agree that AMD isn’t the way to go.
    I found a triple fan one with a high clock speed for 350, so that’s what I’ll do

#9 A Turbocharged Turbocharger, Jan 27, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2019
  10. The _covet

The _covet
    Expand Collapse

Do you intend to get a 120HZ monitor or stay with 60H?

11. A Turbocharged Turbocharger

Expand Collapse

120 or 144 for sure

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice