Best Software To Make A Map In

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by Andreas8998, Oct 1, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Andreas8998

Andreas8998
    Expand Collapse

Hello All

I just want to know what kind of software are you guys using to make BeamNG.drive maps in.
    So I could try to make one my own. THANKS

Andreas8998

2. CaptanW

CaptanW
    Expand Collapse

for a starter just use the in game editor :)

3. Ewanc

Ewanc
    Expand Collapse

Yep, "F11" is all you really need to make a level. That said, the map is only as good as the tools used to make it.

I use:
    3D: 3DS Max 2016, with Open Collada plugin for exporting/importing DAE geometry.
    2D: Paint Shop Pro 8, for mulit-layer editing. Its old but know it like the back of my hand. Paint.net and GIMP; good for anything to do with transparency and other advanced texturing.
    Others: 3DSIMED; converting assets from other games. Cloud Compare; working with LIDAR Maps.

Ive tried the suggested workflow and all of the height map software, but they conflicted badly with my "standard" style of level building. I don't suggest using my methods or tools. I'm also trying to build a portfolio and sell my artwork to sim developers (prospectively), or at least share it with the rest of the simming community. I released Road Atlanta for BeamNG.drive as well as rFactor and its sister sims.

#3 Ewanc, Oct 3, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2017
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice