1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Best steering wheel for BeamNG?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PriusRepellent, Apr 27, 2018.

1. PriusRepellent

PriusRepellent
    Expand Collapse

I'm looking into buy a steering wheel set to be used specifically for BeamNG (and maybe other games, but BeamNG is the top priority). Budget isn't too much of an issue, but it can't be anything absurd.

2. luckyman

luckyman
    Expand Collapse

G27, G29 are some of the decent wheels, but Thrustmaster has some nice wheels, just make sure they can do 900 degrees of rotation.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. SebastianJDM

SebastianJDM
    Expand Collapse

my t300RS GT is great, and can be configured from 1080 degrees, all the way to 90 degrees. the ffb is great, and the wheel is actually really quiet. just make sure your settings are right. i believe mine was $400, but it also comes with 3 pedals, which is why i bought the GT edition (for the clutch). make sure to pair it with a th8a shifter as well.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Alex_Farmer557

Alex_Farmer557
    Expand Collapse

Guess I’ll just rip one out of a real car then

• Like Like x 1
  5. SebastianJDM

SebastianJDM
    Expand Collapse

i believe the base is only around $300 or so, the actual 'wheel' part is usually overpriced. but you do get nice buttons and paddle shifters. if you aren't into that, go ahead and get just the motor and base, buy a cheap adapter (or make one), and slap a car steering wheel from a junkyard onto it. bonus points for matching oem shift knob.

6. Mr.Blueboy

Mr.Blueboy
    Expand Collapse

I've heard the G27 and G29 are pretty good.

7. Driv3r1142

Driv3r1142
    Expand Collapse

Make sure that it has;
    900 degrees of rotational ability, FFB, comes with pedals (Alteast 2 but 3 is always welcome,) and ensure that it's PC compatible.
    If it meets those criteria, it won't disappoint you with BeamNG if it's your first wheel.

G25 < G27 > G29

They're ok, but are overpriced. Even my old G25 was overpriced when I got it. Used.

8. BombBoy4

BombBoy4
    Expand Collapse

I have the Thrustmaster TMX with T3PA (and soon TH8A) and it's a great wheel. 4Nm of torque I believe, with 900 degrees of rotation and very stable drivers. No problems as of yet, and it's only a 200-300 dollar wheel.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Octothorp Obelus

Octothorp Obelus
    Expand Collapse

The wheel is 5 Nm, and it comes with two pedals and the wheel for $150 on Amazon. The T3PA pedal set is also $150 dollars, bringing it to $300, cheaper than any Logitech wheel you'll find. Also a little side note, Thrustmaster Wheels are belt-driven and Logitech are gear-driven, which can cause Logitech wheels to make startlingly loud noises at times if the gears manage to slip teeth. The TMX is a great wheel for it's price, and has it own software to mess with maximum steering angle (there's this one FFB test called force-field that is powerful enough to vibrate the desk the wheel is mounted to). The only complaint I have about the TMX is how absolutely gargantuan the clamp is, you'll need a lower keyboard-tray to slide it in when the wheel is mounted, but it stays where you put it, that's for sure.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. BombBoy4

BombBoy4
    Expand Collapse

Exactly this. Sometimes the FFB feels strong enough to shatter the metal hinges holding my desk up which scared the **** out of me lol.
    About the keyboard tray issue, I experience the same thing, but use a wireless keyboard when it's plugged in.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice