Best Tablet? Lets See What YOU Think

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by Deleted member 1747, Apr 18, 2014.

1. Deleted member 1747

Deleted member 1747
    Expand Collapse

Hey guyz, i was thinking about tablets and out of curiosity, i was wondering what people think are the best tablets, so here is a discussion thread about them.
    --RULES--
    No arguments for example "Apple is better than Android. It should be called Lagdroid"
    Treat everyone as if you would all over the site. Nicely

To be honest my favourite type of Tablet is probably Android, It it just something i think is far superior of Android (completely stock, no TouchWiz or anything) over IOS.

2. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

I have only had a first gen nexus 7 and some cheap crappy chinese import. I did love android in the tablet form factor, although since breaking the nexus (fell 1 foot, 1 measly foot onto a padded surface and destroyed the front panel) I havent bothered looking into replacing it.

I am not an iOS fan at all. I dislike apple.

The shiny new windows tablets do interest me a bit. But they are rather expensive still and my laptop and phone do their job just fine.

3. argilla11

argilla11
    Expand Collapse

Had my Samsung Galaxy 10.1 Tab for over a year now. Thing works fucking flawlessly and lacks 0 functions.

4. mrniz666

mrniz666
    Expand Collapse

I currently own an iPad 4 32GB WiFi but absolutely hate the lack of functionality, so I am selling it and am probably going to buy the original Surface Pro.
    For me IOS is far too dumbed down and user friendly, I much prefer Android just because you can customise everything and I actually have to think when using it, which is something I like doing. The reasoning behind the original surface pro is because I would like to be able to run circuit simulations on my tablet which requires Windows (x86) and I also like the idea of a tablet running the full version of Windows.

My phone is technically a Phablet! It is the original Samsung Galaxy Note (N7000) I've had it for almost 3 years now, and about 1.5 years ago it was unable to do 3d stuff, now it is unable to do anything... Time for an upgrade me thinks!

#4 mrniz666, Apr 18, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2014
  5. Deleted member 1747

Deleted member 1747
    Expand Collapse

For me i think my fav tablet is Advent Vega Tegra Note 7 (evga Tegra note in the us) purely because of the 1.8 GHz quad core processor (72 core GPU) which is the latest one in the Tegra family. It gets really good results on 3Dmark, And it never drops below 45 fps. I havent played anything which lags ever on it which is useful for a price of around £140. It feels relatively well built and solid so it is perfect for me.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, i agree with complete customization as i am running Go Launcher on my Samsung Galaxy s3 Mini as a subsitue for Android KitKat (my phone is no longer getting updated and is stuck on Android 4.1.2) I run completely stock android on my Advent Tegra Note thingy (OMG STOCK ANDROID IS THE BEST) and its on Android 4.4.2

6. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

May I ask what software you are using for this?

My main dislike of iOS is also on the functionality front. Android does *almost* everything I need in a tablet, iOS does *almost* none of it.

7. mrniz666

mrniz666
    Expand Collapse

I use a piece of software called Circuit Wizard 2, I get a copy free at my College, and it does everything that I need for my course.

On topic:
    Could we also post our benchmark scores from 3dMark? I'm interested in performance too!

8. Deleted member 1747

Deleted member 1747
    Expand Collapse

1397816459167.jpg
    Did I forget to say it has awesome speakers?

- - - Updated - - -

Tegra 3dmark stuff 1397817521361.jpg 1397817596494.jpg

9. daveywaveyHD

daveywaveyHD
    Expand Collapse

I have the Tab2 10.1 annddd it was perfect, but then they updated the user interface and some other stuff. Now the applications crash (can't browse the web for too long, it runs out of RAM) even though i wiped it clean. I might roll it back to an older version (the one it worked flawlessly on).

10. IBsenoj

IBsenoj
    Expand Collapse

IMHO, I'm all apple, (except the gaming PC's) but I do agree that Apple's products are dumbed down, that's why I just jailbreak it all and then do what ever I want. :)

- IBsneoj.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice