1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Beta-testing Mods Group

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cuytastic101, Dec 4, 2016.

1. cuytastic101

cuytastic101
    Expand Collapse

Hey guys,

I'm an experienced BeamNG player (a couple years in now, I am pretty sure the Moonhawk had just been released when I got the game) and I absolutely love the game. I was wondering how to apply to join people's Beta-testing groups for upcoming mods? I would love to be a part of the testing and feedback process, and have .jbeam and texturing experience to draw on when reviewing early-release content. No, I haven't released any mods myself as I am a completionist/perfectionist and my limited Blender skill prevents me from creating most of the things that are in my imagination.

If anyone can point me in the right direction, that would be much appreciated.

2. NistingurA

NistingurA
    Expand Collapse

You are most likely to get invited to these groups.. If you are lucky you will be accepted when you request membership.. Beta groups as I know them are friend related.. If person A knows you well enough, they will likely invite you. Or if you a popular modder from the forum. Otherwise it's luck

3. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

I might suggest providing feedback in public WIP threads as a way to signal and show your interest and testing acumen.
    Beta groups happen all the time and eventually your feedback will fit a given mod. Invites tend to materialize soon there after.

Straight up asking doesn't hurt either but I figure mod authors aren't interested in wasting time weeding out 'off the street' beta
    testers that don't pan out. Seeing a history of input from various members in public WIP threads allows mod authors to pick and
    choose the best fit and style for their project.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. cuytastic101

cuytastic101
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for the input, guys.

5. Mr. Twiglesworth

Mr. Twiglesworth
    Expand Collapse

I sent you an invite to my beta group

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice