Beta testing

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by danoroth, Jul 28, 2013.

1. danoroth

danoroth
    Expand Collapse

Hello, i am 17 years old and currently have an updated, high end system that will be available to test your engine in the beta/ alpha stage. My current specs will be able to play any and all games at max right now. I am seeing if you would like me to test your engine on my system, here are my specs:
    CPU: I7 2600 3.4Ghz quad core
    GPU:GTX 770 Overclocked 2GB Memory
    Hard drive: 1TB Western Digital HDD (If needed i will buy an SSD)
    RAM: 2X 4GB Ripjaws 1600Mhz DDR3
    Display: Acer 27" Full HD

If you were to let me test and report any bugs, glitches etc. I will be happy to do so, thanks. Dan

2. LachlanRGaming

LachlanRGaming
    Expand Collapse

Have a look at this please: http://www.beamng.com/threads/768-Beta-tester-requirements?highlight=beta+testing
    A tip is to use the search bar at the top right on the site. :)

3. TheFastRacer

TheFastRacer
    Expand Collapse

Hi, welcome to the forums. Pretty much everybody here is waiting to play a beta/alpha and test it and report bugs and such. There will be tech demos when the devs want it. Just be patient like everyone. Reading the FAQ would be very helpful. And you might want to use the searchbar before making threads first, because, and I say this kindly: There are many many many threads like this. Believe me.

4. Davidbc

Davidbc
    Expand Collapse

Stay tuned.

5. Rocking_Star

Rocking_Star
    Expand Collapse

WRONG! It's:-

Stay tuned ;)

6. Kamil_

Kamil_
    Expand Collapse

7. Holland

Holland
    Expand Collapse

What computer do you have!? That's a good computer. Is it a iMac? Or Acer? Oh from the comments above you can see that it is not out yet. Sorry.:(

8. danoroth

danoroth
    Expand Collapse

It is my own computer i built myself, mac i hate with all my heart and never will like mac, yeah it is a good system. Built it from scratch

9. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

It is a nice system, but it can't max out all games. You need CFX/SLI for that. The CPU is also a little bit weak for very physics intensive stuff.
    That's my input here.

10. Davidbc

Davidbc
    Expand Collapse

I don't agree with that. That GPU can run everything maxed out perfectly. And the CPU isn't weak at all, there isn't much improvement with Ivy Bridge and Haswell, and when it comes to gaming they all perform the same with the same clocks.

11. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

Running crysis 3 max AA and AF would push that card (which is just a 680 overclocked and some other minor things) to it's limits. Other games as well. If this game has physX it will just not be able to do it.

The CPU isn't weak in the least, but it doesn't offer the most power for this game. I bet the 2600 vs the haswell i7 (4670?) will lose at least one car at stock clocks. Overclocking is different, the 2600 is sandy bridge! :p

12. danoroth

danoroth
    Expand Collapse

With my old XFX 6870 i could run Crysis 3 on high with about 50fps, so i am sure i will be fiiiiiine with it on ultra etc.

13. puddlejumper

puddlejumper
    Expand Collapse

look buddy ur running a good system but i doubt that u can run any game at max. more like most games at max. but dont pay too much attention to them. me and my dad build gaming computers that can bring the speedtest programs down and cause phhysical damage. like i said good system but i highly doubt u can run all games on max. maybe u can. idk. just saying my opinion.:D

14. Davidbc

Davidbc
    Expand Collapse

In the reviews there is barely a difference in performance, 1 or 2 fps, I bet you won't even notice the difference in Beamng.

15. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

We shall see.

16. Kamil_

Kamil_
    Expand Collapse

Both have 4 cores and 4 threads, that's what matters for the car count in BeamNG.
    There isn't much difference between Haswell and Sandy, only thing that matters is the clocks.

I also don't see why physx would bottleneck a nvidia card..

Both the CPU and GPU are the top 5, if that can't play the games maxed out then there would be no point in making those kind of games.
    Unless you're running 1440p/tri-screen/etc, the GTX770 will do any game on max.

#16 Kamil_, Jul 29, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2013
  17. Dr.Bullshit

Dr.Bullshit
    Expand Collapse

Well...
    I've got a toaster that does bleep bleep and pretends to be my computer...
    So I'm jealous... Very, very jelly...

18. Hati

Hati
    Expand Collapse

Would it be unreasonable for me to admit I'm about 3 beta/release requests away from going mental at someone?

I'm not sure whether its the amount of them I've seen over a year, or the way this OP asked it but I'm starting to get genuinely angry with this stuff.

19. Dr.Bullshit

Dr.Bullshit
    Expand Collapse

I don't understand why people keep asking about tests, beta's, alpha's, the release date, etc either and I'm new...
    First thing I did was read the FAQ (twice) and rules... But that's probably too hard for some of us.

So yeah, I can understand why you're about to go mental. Even I get slightly frustrated when I see threads like these and I've joined this forum less than a month ago...

20. pf12351

pf12351
    Expand Collapse

Does MSI Afterburner actually change your PC?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice