WIP Beta released Better Crash Sounds (Completed) 2.5

Crash sounds taken from a real crash test, put into Beamng.

1. Sugarking22795

Sugarking22795
    Expand Collapse

Sugarking22795 submitted a new resource:

Better Crash Sounds - Crash sounds taken from a real crash test, put into Beamng.

Read more about this resource...

2. Sugarking22795

Sugarking22795
    Expand Collapse

Update coming soon! Update will include, improved base crash sound, a version of the mod that contains revamped glass sounds, and one without, (Based on user preference). Update should be here within a week, two at the most.

3. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

Could you make the glass sound a bit more plastic like? Currently it sounds like dropping a glass.

4. Sugarking22795

Sugarking22795
    Expand Collapse

I will do this for the windshield, and do something else for the other glass. Thank you for the suggestion!

5. Sugarking22795

Sugarking22795
    Expand Collapse

Version 2.0 is live! Includes revamped glass sounds, improved base sounds, and a new windshield sound, per suggestion of Fera-

6. haakonrg

haakonrg
    Expand Collapse

I like that someone is stepping up for the boring crash sounds that have been used since the RoR days, I really like that! But the crash effects are a bit too explosive in my opinion. Like for example when I drive the Pigeon and than crash it, it sounds like a big accident with a large car but when in reality it is just a small trike.
    --- Post updated ---
    You also got this example. I merely clipped the bumper but it sounds like a big tyre hitting a wall at high speeds

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Sugarking22795

Sugarking22795
    Expand Collapse

Hi! the new update has rolled in, and should be approved soon! Follow the mod page for updates on when this is, because the new update includes WAY better sounds!

8. Sugarking22795

Sugarking22795
    Expand Collapse

9. Canuto

Canuto
    Expand Collapse

Just a little off topic,but what sound mod do you use on the engines and tires?Or is it yours?

10. Sugarking22795

Sugarking22795
    Expand Collapse

The mod i use is a revamp of all the engine sounds, which can be found here: https://www.beamng.com/resources/complete-sound-mod-for-all-vehicles.1905/
    --- Post updated ---
    Hello! I wanted to make a short little update post on the progress of the next update. I am working on making a revamp for the tire skid sounds, and improving the revamped glass sounds! Any suggestions as to what I should add would be greatly appreciated, or if anything needs improving, I am open to criticism!

11. Canuto

Canuto
    Expand Collapse

Well...I was thinking about if different tire deflate sounds can be possible.But I highly doubt it won't because it just makes the normal crash sound higher pitched.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Sugarking22795

Sugarking22795
    Expand Collapse

Hello! I wanted to make a short little update post on the progress of the next update. I am working on making a revamp for the trie skid sounds, a
    Thank you for the suggestion! I will work on trying to make the tire deflate sounds better, but Beamng's sound system only allows one sound file for tires.

13. Sugarking22795

Sugarking22795
    Expand Collapse

A little status update on the mod! I have replaced the original fire sound, so its not super loud and annoying. I'm still working on a custom screech effect, and better tire deflation, as well as replacing ALL glass sounds.

14. Sugarking22795

Sugarking22795
    Expand Collapse

Hey guys, wanted to let you know that due to the new update, which breaks sound mods, i will not be able to update for a while. If the mod sounds a little bad, OK, really bad, its because of the game, not the mod. I'm going to try to work around it for now, but if you want to see its full potential, DO NOT use it right now.

15. Glitchy

Glitchy
    Expand Collapse

What really sucks, is there is no crash sounds, except for glass breaking sounds. :(

16. Sugarking22795

Sugarking22795
    Expand Collapse

For the people who do not know the problem; the new update added better sounds for everything but crashing. It actually broke the sounds for it, to where the glass sounds cant play at the same time as the metal crash sounds, which makes the sound choppy and hard to listen to. This is most likely due to the new Beamng sound system that they implemented, which should be patched up soon. The mod for now, is not working properly, so DO NOT use unless you just want to hear glass sounds. I'm working on a way around it, but that will take time. Sorry for the inconvenience.

17. Sugarking22795

Sugarking22795
    Expand Collapse

Sugarking22795 updated Better Crash Sounds with a new update entry:

Patch for V2.0

Read the rest of this update entry...

18. ClumsyGamer

ClumsyGamer
    Expand Collapse

It doesn't work for me! help!

19. Sugarking22795

Sugarking22795
    Expand Collapse

Any suggestions for version 3.0? I need some things to work on, and I want v3 to be the best it can!

20. supercharge71

supercharge71
    Expand Collapse

If possible (I posted on the official suggestions, so I am not sure) I would like to see the implementation of a skid sound for metal against asphalt so for example if you roll the car and end up on the roof skidding across the road you hear a scrape sound of the car to correspond with the sparks

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice