Better mirrors reflections

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by RUSMark, Jul 12, 2020.

1. RUSMark

RUSMark
    Expand Collapse

I think it would nice if you add new "reflection points"(or something) in mirrors, because for now those mirrors are useless DesktopScreenshot20200712-11093490.png
    Also if you make vehicle visible in those mirrors it would be great!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. ThatCarGuyDownTheStreet

ThatCarGuyDownTheStreet
    Expand Collapse

At the moment, mirrors in the game are literally the same as any other chrome object in the game, and so therefore they work off of the same reflections that the vehicles have. On paper, this sounds great, and very realistic, but in reality, due to the game's limitations in graphics and reflections, this doesn't turn out very well. Most games use cameras as their mirrors, so basically they project what you would see if you set the relative camera right where the mirror is. This would be cool if it was implemented, but at the moment, the devs have bigger fish to fry.

I tried my best to simplify what i read in previous threads like this, so please feel free to correct me if I made any mistakes.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. den_chik

den_chik
    Expand Collapse

Sure, you right. But real is more worse. In that topic developer describes limits of the current version of game: https://www.beamng.com/threads/dont-like-so-ugly-mirrors.67289/

But I indeed, bad mirror's reflections makes almost impossible drive at less trucks (with pleasure and first person view).

#3 den_chik, Jul 15, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2020
  4. RUSMark

RUSMark
    Expand Collapse

OK, that made because of optimization and instead of mirrors I can use relative camera. Thanks for the information

#4 RUSMark, Jul 15, 2020
  5. SupremeDalek73

SupremeDalek73
    Expand Collapse

edit: I didn't see the image properly as I didn't have my contacts on! Sorry about that!

#5 SupremeDalek73, Jul 15, 2020
  6. RUSMark

RUSMark
    Expand Collapse

OK

#6 RUSMark, Jul 15, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2020
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice