Better Sky Colors / Rain

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by EnjoyMyHItsYT, Oct 18, 2020.

1. EnjoyMyHItsYT

EnjoyMyHItsYT
    Expand Collapse

My Ideas for the current BeamNG could be better Sky Colors or Rain Effects on the Windshield

Sky Colors like that:

it would give the driving feeling much realistic when you drive in the evening.

and rain effects would be nice...

Also better clouds..i mean the ingame ones are not the nicest looking ones.​

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. CaptainZoll

CaptainZoll
    Expand Collapse

the sky is already pretty good as long as you have light rays on.
    screenshot_2020-04-12_22-55-12.png
    and rain would be nice, but it's quite dificult to implement properly.
    you would either have to invent a system where you go around all of the maps and mark the places where puddles form, (or you have to do actual fluid simulations, which they definitely won't do if they want to keep sys reqs within nasa's budget.)
    then also make perhaps animated textures of raindrops beading and running down windscreens and body panels, which would be tricky (though not impossible) to implement.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. JesperN

JesperN
    Expand Collapse

i could use a program to get the colors of this photo
    upload_2020-10-26_16-31-33.png
    and import it to beamng

4. EmizarPL

EmizarPL
    Expand Collapse

Actually, when it comes to fluids, I wonder if it would be possible to make for example radiator fluid leak on the ground and make puddles the same way as tire marks are made. I've been thinking about it for quite a while now and I guess that would be a nice addition.

5. ParadoxShiba

ParadoxShiba
    Expand Collapse

It would be nice, though if it ever gets added, it would most likely be made of multiple textures depending on the surface. And the texture size would increase as the fluid leaks more on the same spot. That would be pretty cool.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. geilomaticDE

geilomaticDE
    Expand Collapse

Would be enogh for me if rain would just make roads slippery and apperas as a particle effect.

7. Brother_Dave

Brother_Dave
    Expand Collapse

Sky color (or rather sun color) is part of my mod. The Scatter Sky (used when TOD is enabled in maps, otherwise a skybox would give you exactly what you want) is quite a fancy piece of art in BeamNG, in short terms it replicates how the lights colors wavelengths travel differently at any given angle of the sun on the sky, giving those redish colors at low angles. Its combined with a sun color gradient and the light rays and so on.

Just to show you what it can look like you can have a look at this pic from one of my earlier mod version:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice