Outdated Better Sounds Mod [5.1.1] works with 0.18.0.1

Discussion in 'Mods and Skins' started by jojos38, Apr 17, 2017.

?

Do you like the Siren and Horn Mod 3.0 ?

Poll closed Nov 26, 2017.
  1. Yes

383 vote(s)
    91.4%
  2. No

11 vote(s)
    2.6%
  3. Middle

25 vote(s)
    6.0%
  1. jojos38

jojos38
    Expand Collapse

The feature of automatic hazard when you crash already exist on the normal beamng. But if you want i can add it because it doesn't work on all car on beamng

Thanks for the crash sound i will try to get them from the game files (i have the game)

2. RapidestMist19

RapidestMist19
    Expand Collapse

Alight sounds good however there was mod that added automatic hazards for I think all cars but it all it ancient, and outdated. Yes I would like you to add it please, and I hope EA doesn't get mad for you using their sounds which is why The Ultimate Sound Pack is gone because they used their car sounds illegally which cough cough I'm going to release a sound pack that revives the mod idea but better.

3. jojos38

jojos38
    Expand Collapse

Anyway i don't find any way to extract the sounds from the bundle file i gived up

4. RapidestMist19

RapidestMist19
    Expand Collapse

That unfortunate, I was hoping the possibility of weighty crash sounds maybe if you some time you can talk to Threefiledsentertainment the left over delvelpers of burnout or Critian or some people that know a lot about the secrets of the files in burnout paradise however I'm assuming that the same story for generally any triple a title games have encrypted files like nfs which I indeed would like the tire skid from nfs the run in BeamnNG

5. jojos38

jojos38
    Expand Collapse

That's complicated just for crash sound. It take a lot of time to ask the dev for theirs sounds :/
    --- Post updated ---
    For hazard when you crash this should work

Attached Files:

6. RapidestMist19

RapidestMist19
    Expand Collapse

Oh okay I understand and thanks but threefieldsentertainment is real small company but I'm not sure how responsive their are
    --- Post updated ---
    Okay from using that new file the car alarm dosen't flash the hazards automatically anymore but it only flashes automatically if the engine, and had some damage, could you please fix it or it not possible?

7. Sir Galahad

Sir Galahad
    Expand Collapse

So I'm getting a Fatal Vehicle Exception after downloading. I deleted all of my other mods, and cleared the cache, but nothing worked. Any ideas?
    upload_2018-1-2_18-40-23.png

8. RapidestMist19

RapidestMist19
    Expand Collapse

...the author has said where you can watch video how download it correctly...SugarKing22795 is the creator of the video
    --- Post updated ---
    Actually tbh I don't have in my documents it in the main directory folder of BeamNG you can see how to do that by looking at the authors profile where I explained how to download the mod if the document way doesn't work for you

9. Sir Galahad

Sir Galahad
    Expand Collapse

Thanks! I installed it the old way by accident!

10. RapidestMist19

RapidestMist19
    Expand Collapse

No problem, and (To the author now), I have more ideas like could you add skid sound for trucks, and a brake sound for trucks because most have air brakes which they make a little decompression sound, and how bout a tire bounce sound, and a hub cap sound effect when it falls off here two video examples for a truck skid (Burnout Rev), and the burnout video is the truck decompression...at about 53-55 seconds it's at.

11. jojos38

jojos38
    Expand Collapse

You ask me too much things at the same time xD
    I can't do everything because the audio engine of beamng drive is very limited. I will look at this
    --- Post updated ---
    I don't understand what do you mean by "if the engine and had some damage"

12. RapidestMist19

RapidestMist19
    Expand Collapse

The hazards only flash if the engine on when you crash first but if the engine off the car won't flash the hazards which messed up the car alarm and the car alarm works sometimes and yeah I understand BeamNG limited but I want to see where the limit is so that why I throw ideas

13. jojos38

jojos38
    Expand Collapse

That make no sense, the engine don't deal with my code:

local function crash(breakNode, totalBreakEnergy, isMine) <-- This function is called everytime you break any node on the car

if electrics.values.hazard_enabled == 0 then electrics.toggle_warn_signal() end <-- Active the hazard if they are not already activated

end

14. RapidestMist19

RapidestMist19
    Expand Collapse

Oh okay yeah that makes sense and I said that because I was playing the game not looking in the coding and it probably explains why the alarm won't sound sometimes because a node was not broken
    --- Post updated ---
    And I have a question so if I t bone a car and nothing falls off the car it just stays in one piece like no door, side mirror, spoiler, etc falls off but is crumbled up would that be considered a broken node?

15. TobiBenzi

TobiBenzi
    Expand Collapse

That depends on the force of the crash, but most of the time there is at least one node that breaks, for example if a window breaks. You can even visualize broken and deformed nodes with the vehicle debug app (not sure about the name).

16. AlexGC.Drive

AlexGC.Drive
    Expand Collapse

Hey, am I the only one missing the rumbler?

I am a huge fan of this mod and have been using it for quite some time now, but after the latest updates the feature that made the horn key a rumbler while the siren was activated was removed (or am I missing out on somthing?). I don´t know if i´m the only one troubled by this but can you please add it back in? It would make me very :D:D:D

17. RapidestMist19

RapidestMist19
    Expand Collapse

And I have a question so if I t bone a car and nothing falls off the car it just stays in one piece but is crumbled up would that
    Oh okay that makes sense thanks

18. jojos38

jojos38
    Expand Collapse

I think i can do it i will look

19. TheTroopersEnd

TheTroopersEnd
    Expand Collapse

How does the mod work?? I mean I've gotten the sounds and such, but I want to know how to use the sirens and the burnside's cool horn!

What I'm saying is, how do you bind the sirens? is there a specific key that I have to bind it to?

20. RapidestMist19

RapidestMist19
    Expand Collapse

Those futures are removed because of the horn and siren update to BeamNG

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice