Outdated Better Sounds Mod [5.1.1] works with 0.18.0.1

Discussion in 'Mods and Skins' started by jojos38, Apr 17, 2017.

?

Do you like the Siren and Horn Mod 3.0 ?

Poll closed Nov 26, 2017.
  1. Yes

383 vote(s)
    91.4%
  2. No

11 vote(s)
    2.6%
  3. Middle

25 vote(s)
    6.0%
  1. jojos38

jojos38
    Expand Collapse

Update 4.0.1 fixed Alarm Sound with vehicles without engines

2. 1UZ-FE

1UZ-FE
    Expand Collapse

love this mod! anyway to either deactivate, or make the tires pop alot later than they do?

3. jojos38

jojos38
    Expand Collapse

Look on the question, you can disable them to do go to the mods/sirenmod/config folder and open settings.json and in settings change TireDeflate to false

4. workclock1©

workclock1©
    Expand Collapse

edit: everytime i want to use this mod i always get "fatal vehicle and some other word i can't spell"

anyone else having this issue?

5. jojos38

jojos38
    Expand Collapse

Bad installation i think, you have followed the video ?
    Also check the troubleshooting section

6. workclock1©

workclock1©
    Expand Collapse

I have not seen the video, i'll see if that helps

7. anselme

anselme
    Expand Collapse

how do we open je .json file ?

8. jojos38

jojos38
    Expand Collapse

With a text editor. Notpad++ or Wordpad (Don't use the basic text editor of window, use wordpad)

9. anselme

anselme
    Expand Collapse

"DrivingDirtSound": "true",
    I only have this § how can I change the volume plz ?

and how work the alarm ??

10. jojos38

jojos38
    Expand Collapse

You can't change the volume of dynamics sound (dirt sound / radiator sound / water sound etc...)
    If the volume of the dirt is too high or too low you have the change the In-Game volume (i recommend between 50 and 100)

The alarm sound work like this:
    AlarmSound --> Toggle the alarm sound
    Alarm Volume --> Set the volume (between 0.1 and 2)
    AlarmDelay --> How long the alarm will beep when you activate it

11. Thequestionman

Thequestionman
    Expand Collapse

I cant seem to get it installed properly. when I download it just doesn't work, did I install the wrong version?
    --- Post updated ---
    Never mind got it

12. jojos38

jojos38
    Expand Collapse

H
    New update 4.1
    I improved the radiator sound with a new sound much better than before. And also made small change

Thanks to SonarEffects for the sound :)

13. anselme

anselme
    Expand Collapse

can you list some of the changes plz ?

14. jojos38

jojos38
    Expand Collapse

When i say small change i mean to the radiator sound, not the mod :p

15. reinaertde_vos

reinaertde_vos
    Expand Collapse

Hey!

Nice job with this mod, it makes the game a lot more immersive with the dirt, water and smoke effects and I just love the car alarm going off when crashing my vehicle. I also like the crashing sounds themselves, most crash sound mods I've tried don't have enough variety and this makes it a lot more enjoyable.
    I noticed a few things that I'll mention here. Sorry if any of these have been mentioned before, I've only read the bug list and the last few pages.
    • The reverse gear sound (I know it's experimental but I wanted to test it out) gets very loud when you roll down a hill backwards or something, though perhaps it's realistic as I've never rolled down a hill in a car in reverse in real life, hehe.
    • After resetting the vehicle, the car alarm stops but the hazard lights stay on. I don't know if that's a beamNG bug or this mod though, but maybe it could be fixed either way? Though it's not really a big deal.
    • The transition from (dirt-)driving to dirt-skidding is a bit jarring, perhaps there should be a very brief fade-in for the sound (or whatever else could work)?
    • I also noticed that gravelext.ogg has a 115 ms delay (silence at the start), I'm not sure if that is intentional.
    • I personally preferred the old metal-scraping sound but honestly it's so easy to change that that I can't really complain, and it's just preference after all.

Besides that I've had no issues as far as I can remember. Again, great job and thanks for making this mod.

16. jojos38

jojos38
    Expand Collapse

Hi thank you for your answer ! I will answer for each bug / proposition you made:

Reverse sound: I know this bug i don't know what it does too when a car fall from a cliff in reverse but i will add a pitch limit
    Resetting vehicle: It's BeamNG this is not a bug, i think they just forgot but i can add it to my mod too. I will do it next update it's very easy to do
    Transition for dirt sound: It's very hard to do and i don't really know how to do, maybe add a fade effect to the skid sound ?
    gravelext: Never noticed that, i will fix it too
    Old sound: Yes i was sure that some people preferred the old that's why i keeped the old in the mod file

17. reinaertde_vos

reinaertde_vos
    Expand Collapse

Yeah I appreciate it that you kept the old sound in there.
    I can imagine making the transition for seamless skidding is hard to do. I think adding a small fade would help with the jarring-ness for the most part (though if you were to change the sound effect itself, it may break looping the sound, idk). That way it would be a bit smoother when, for example, using the handbrake in dirt, but also when the wheels barely hit the ground (which makes the skidding sound go on-off-on-off-on-off because the wheels touch the ground repeatedly in a short time).

18. jojos38

jojos38
    Expand Collapse

"(which makes the skidding sound go on-off-on-off-on-off because the wheels touch the ground repeatedly in a short time)" Yes i noticed this problem i'll try to fix it for the next update

Your idea is good i'll try to do it

Also i think a reverse car going very fast can have very high pitch sound because

check at 1:43 (Headset user : very loud !) and the reverse gear use the same system (and if you hear good you can see that i used the sound from this video to make the reverse sound)

EDIT: I will not add the reverse gear limit because for exemple if you reach more than the limit and the car goes off the ground the sound keep exactly the same pitch even if the wheel decelerate and it look strange

#778 jojos38, Jan 27, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2018
  19. reinaertde_vos

reinaertde_vos
    Expand Collapse

Great! And that's fine.
    Also I wasn't only talking about the pitch, but also the volume of the sound (it gets quite loud), though maybe that's just my in game settings (I have effects at 100%). Thanks for responding to all the input.

20. jojos38

jojos38
    Expand Collapse

I recommend to put the effect to 50% for the best volume but the problem is that beamNG do weird thing with my mod with the volume until the 0.10 if you put the volume under 25% you almost don't hear anything and if you put at 100% it's too loud... And i don't know how to fix this

#780 jojos38, Jan 28, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice