Better (stronger) trailer coupling

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by Zero, Aug 8, 2017.

1. Zero

Zero
    Expand Collapse

This is especially ment for the truck trailer coupling system, as that's where my know-how is but it could also be used for the normal car trailers.

So, what I've experienced in making semi truck (+ trailer) accidents, is that the trailer comes off way too easy and it gives the accident just a little bit of an unrealistic outcome.
    For example, I have experienced the trailer coming off in a simply head-on accident with a car which wouldn't happen in real life.

My suggestion would be to make the coupling stronger, so that it would be a lot harder for the trailer to actually come off.

Reference:
    (0:08 truck falls to it side, trailer stays on, 0:23 multiple colisions, but trailer stays on)
    It was hard finding youtube videos showing how strong truck trailer couplings are, but those 2 examples shows it good enough I suppose.

Hope you'll take this into considerations, when you'll find the time for it.

• Agree Agree x 5
  2. julieannernst11

julieannernst11
    Expand Collapse

this I am hopeing they can update it to be stonger cause I am trying to make realistic semi truck spinouts from trying to avoid a crash or someing
    and what I get is a trailer tiping over the smallest bit and it comes off

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice