1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

"Big Air Vanster" scenario seems to be broken

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by FrenchFreys, Jul 20, 2018.

Tags:
  1. FrenchFreys

FrenchFreys
    Expand Collapse

I'm not sure the exact update during which this happened, but it seems that the Big Air Vanster scenario has become impossible to complete. Even with the accelerator floored through the whole first ramp and jump, I can't land on the first raised platform. I've disabled mods and tried various strategies, but there's just no way to land the jump anymore.
    Perhaps there some modification to the suspension or gravity strength, or the weight distribution of the Vanster, or maybe during some update they just made the van slower, and one of these caused the first jump to be impossible? If it's any of the first few, then I don't know how many other stunt scenarios may be affected (I haven't checked the Covet jump course, for example), so perhaps some of this is worth taking a look at.

My PC is running Windows 10 with i5 7th Gen and Nvidea Geforce 920mx, idk if any of that matters but figured I'd post it just in case if performance is somehow the issue.

2. FrenchFreys

FrenchFreys
    Expand Collapse

Also note that Canyon Jump is broken as well. The first jump in the Rally Covet course also requires significantly more speed now.

3. torsion

torsion
    Expand Collapse

Haha. You are quite right, something is broken. Maybe it's the shifting? I'm able to complete Big Air Vanster in Manual mode (rather than Arcade).
    --- Post updated ---
    I've just compared with an earlier version (v0.12). It doesn't appear to be a shift timing issue after all. Apparently it's just that the van is making way less power. You can compensate for this a little bit by using manual shifting, but power/torque seems to be the real problem.

4. RyvyLo

RyvyLo
    Expand Collapse

The Big Air Vanster scenario issue should now hopefully be fixed in next update :) I guess that's what I get for playing with manual transmission (as torsion said, scenario was completable with manual transmission)

I however have been able to complete the Canyon Jump scenario, even with arcade transmission. Have you tried multiple approaches to the first jumps ?

5. FrenchFreys

FrenchFreys
    Expand Collapse

I tried going at the recommended speed in the scenario instructions for Canyon Jump. I guess I just need to go faster then :p

And after trying in manual mode, the Vanster jump is actually really easy with the manual :O It's funny, I drive stick in real life, yet in the game I tend to just go for arcade. Guess I've learned my lesson lol

#5 FrenchFreys, Jul 29, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2018
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice