1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Bit trouble in Campaigns

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Aditya657, May 14, 2017.

1. Aditya657

Aditya657
    Expand Collapse

Hello!
    I just joined Beamng drive today. I am having a few issues with campaigns. Such as in senseless destruction (In drag racing specifically), It shows all the drag racing and finish here and stuff but when I click start nothing happens. I can change the camera view but cannot access the escape menu. The race then starts sometimes and sometimes it doesn't. I do not see a timer or anything. And in rocky start I am just getting a black screen with press numpad 6 to skip and can hear an engine but no cutscenes or anything. After I press numpad 6 all I see is the pickup with the car in front and start. I click start but nothing happens. I can rev the truck but it doesn't move. Please help me. I have already tried to verify the game files and am running no mods. Any help is appreciated!
    Adi

2. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

What version are you playing on?

3. Aditya657

Aditya657
    Expand Collapse

I think it is 4.0.6

4. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

No, it's not. There were no campaigns in 0.4.0.6.

Open your game. The version should be on the top of the page.

5. Aditya657

Aditya657
    Expand Collapse

Sorry! It is 0.9.0.5.4267
    --- Post updated ---
    As a matter of fact, All of the UI which is accessed during playing the game by pressing esc is very slow. It is very delayed but the game runs fine!

6. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

7. Aditya657

Aditya657
    Expand Collapse

15607 is the ID

8. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

You should be doing the Support ID thing after you replicate the issue, or the logs will not show anything regarding that.

9. Aditya657

Aditya657
    Expand Collapse

I did it when the UI started to lag. I will try a scenario then post back
    --- Post updated ---
    15610 this time.
    I am attaching a screenshot just to demonstrate that the drive icon is orange and I have clicked it at least 3 minutes ago. The game itself was running fine with no lags. This time rocky start did work. But during gravity race, the truck stopped no notifications etc for finishing it. I try to select a diff. scenario but drive won't open nor would anything else....
    Thanks!
    Adi

Attached Files:

• Capture2.jpg
  10. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Why is your game looking like that? (ie. only a small portion of the window).
    Also, when you clicked the icon, does stuff like the Tacho keep moving, or the entire UI froze?

11. Aditya657

Aditya657
    Expand Collapse

15610 this time.
    I am attaching a screenshot just to demonstrate that the drive icon is orange and I have clicked it at least 3 minutes ago. The game itself was running fine with no lags. This time rocky start did work. But during
    It's because I alt+tab(ed) it. To take the snipping tool and then get the screenshot. If I go to fullscreen, it plays fine. Sometimes the tacho lags or freezes but the game is smooth. At that time I couldn't tell but when this UI freeze occurs the tacho usually freezes as well. It also keeps disappearing or appearing in interior view (Appears) and when I am changing views it disappears and doesn't appear for some time in chase view.
    Many thanks
    Adi

12. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Your logs do not show anything wrong.
    Make sure some external program on your side (Antivirus, or whatever) is not messing with the game by mistake.
    Also check this: http://wiki.beamng.com/Incompatible_Third_Party_Software

Eventually, a clean reinstall maybe?

Did you check your laptop power plan to make sure it's not on ECO mode while the game is running?
    Did you try to run the game on your Intel HD Graphics (to see if it's something related to your GPU maybe)?

13. Aditya657

Aditya657
    Expand Collapse

Ehh, My antivirus is not listed or any other 3rd party program.
    Power is plan is on high performance and I will try running it on Intel drivers and just check if I have any driver updates or anything.
    Will try a clean install and report back if the above doesn't work
    Thanks,
    Adi

14. Aditya657

Aditya657
    Expand Collapse

Reinstalling... Changed the graphic card selection still the same problem..... I hope the reinstall fixes it.

15. Aditya657

Aditya657
    Expand Collapse

It is a menu lag. Do not know why it's occurring....... Please advise on what should I do. Not menu but UI lag to be more specific,
    Thanks
    Adi

16. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Does it happen if you use the 32-bit version of the game?
    You can use that from Steam/Steamapps/Common/BeamNG.Drive/Bin32.

17. Aditya657

Aditya657
    Expand Collapse

It was better while using the 32 bit version but when I was changing maps it crashed..
    Adi

18. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

The crash was pretty much expected, as the 32-bit programs limited RAM wise.
    If the problem did not happen in 32-bit, then it's very likely some third-party program is messing with the game (64-bit programs are more prone to conflicts from experience).

Are you sure you do not have any other programs from here? (They may not appear as installed software, but the files could still be present on your PC).
    http://wiki.beamng.com/Installing_Content
    There may be more outside that could cause problems and that are not listed.

Do your UI problems persists if you use scenario or freeroam?

19. Aditya657

Aditya657
    Expand Collapse

Yep, I am sure. Although even in 32 bit it does lag a bit but when i press escape to change scenarios, everything goes smoothly until I try loading it up and it crashes due to RAM limits.
    Thanks
    Adi

20. Aditya657

Aditya657
    Expand Collapse

Alright, I just tried to customize the pickup in the garage and in the 64-bit client, The UI in the start was smooth but as I changed 2-3 parts, It started to lag again. I could move the camera very smoothly but the UI was laggy really. In the 32 bit client, The UI in the start only was laggy so I am not sure what's actually going on.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice