Separate names with a comma.
Soar through sandy dunes like a... shark
i Hope, the mod looks good but i'm pretty sure hes busy working on The Brutus b1 mod.
is that a Nomad?
Yes don’t bump
No, it's not, just a long hold
brutus is priorities
ah ok sry hehe
ooooooooo another off road car and its a nomad!!
Basically an Ariel Nomad
And yes, the mod is alive again.
For a TLDR, with the level of knowledge I had back then, I was unable to get this thing to handle in a way that was fun, without having to use AWD or sway-bars, 2 things the original doesn't have.
Combine that with lack of motivation/time to do the finishing touches on the model, and it ended up just being put on the back burner.
Anyway, about a month-ish ago, I decided to see if I could get it working, and after some messing around with the suspension geometry, arrived to a half-decent result. It's a bit of a drift machine, but I've been able to drive it with my keyboard, so hopefully should be good enough
I like the way this is going, are you able to test it on a gaming rig/wheel setup? most of the mods out there are difficult to drive on a keyboard, but very drivable on a wheel setup.
it does drive very nicely with a keyboard and a controller, no idea about the wheel, but it should be great
Well spotted Sherlock
Great mod. My only feedback/question would be: the street 130 has a DCT (7-speed) which makes it reach almost 300kmh. But then the street 160, 220, 310 & 450 comes with the manual 6-speed transmission and you quickly reach the ~230kmh speed limit in 6th gear (because the transmission doesn't have enough gears or a good gear ratio). But again, I don't know if this is intentional or not, just asking.
I might need to do some adjustments to the drag.
Just some light bug reports plus a little note on the handling/ffb
Bugs : The Mirrors have the wrong name in the part slot, and the differential is called the front differential despite being the rear (and as intended only diff)
Handling/FFB : From my very light testing the car suffers from a LOT of lift off oversteer due to no ARBs and super soft suspension as well as a suspension geometry that has quite a lot of bump steer through out the travel, although it all that seems intended when looking at the real car but I would suggest quite a lot more camber front and rear to make it quite a bit more predictable to drive and more in line with real reviews. Another note is that the FFB is very light and tends to have a lot of spring (i.e. you go over a bump and FFB gets a large oscillation in it that make trying to feel the limit very tricky).
Edit : I also noticed in the tuning page the Camber setting for the front wheels is actually setting the amount of Toe in
Hi Nekkit, Trackpad and Sithhy, fantastic work on this little off-road rocket! I'm loving it more and more with every dirt track I tear up.
I'd just like to note down a few errors that I found.
1. The driver camera is not set to RHD. Because of this, you hear "exterior noise" when looking to the left, and it's harder to see behind the car by looking right. I believe the Miramar's camera has a line of code that enables RHD.
2. The mirror slots seem to think that they're headlight slots.
3. The bash bar is incredibly strong. I hit a guardrail at a right angle (more or less) and the bar pushed the front frame inwards, but the bar's shape itself is somehow recognisable.
The part highlighted by the blue line is the bash bar.
4. The front suspension is also made of a material out of either a science fiction novel or Germany. If the Bastion is already infamous for tierods made of dry spaghetti, this car is the anti-Bastion.
The model and textures are simply stunning, I think we can all agree on that. It's exciting to drive, predictable in its behaviour (unlike my exes) and overall a terrific addition to the game. Some minor tweaks and I daresay it could be "dev quality", although I usually hesitate to use that word.
Here's my little bit of feedback on this beautiful machine -
1. The digital gauge cluster - when you are in a sport mode/manual mode in an automatic transmission the spacing is off and the gearing collides with the speed
2. Would be nice to see the transmission type in the configs names.
Other than those issues and the obvious non-matching colors to the thumbnails this car is awesome and I salute your work.