Unsolved Blender Help

Discussion in 'Mod Support' started by SherapV, Jun 21, 2019.

1. SherapV

SherapV
    Expand Collapse

I'm currently working on my first mod and I need some help with the modeling principles(I guess). So far, I have the majority of the body modeled by wrapping a plane over reference images, but this doesn't create depth to the parts and makes the whole car one unit. This also creates a problem because I don't know how to create the interior from there. I've imported some official BeamNG cars into Blender and I see that they are all "assembled" out with their individual parts placed accordingly. I'm wondering how I can even create different parts with thickness, and how I can put them together. My knowledge with blender is currently somewhat limited but I'm completely open to criticism

Any help is appreciated!
    Thanks.

2.png

• Like Like x 1
  2. 93Volvo240

93Volvo240
    Expand Collapse

I have many years of experience with blender. Just tell me what you need. Also I am working on a 1992 Volvo 240 wagon and sedan. I have not done much modeling on it though because things have been very busy. I would love to help you. I love boxy 80s and 90s cars too. :)

• Like Like x 2
  3. NOCARGO

NOCARGO
    Expand Collapse

Looks nice so far :) Did you know by pressing 'p' in Blender gives you the question 'separate selection?' ?
    So by selecting 'ok' you have then a new part consisting of the selection you made and is ready to be renamed
    in the object's property window.

* And.. idk but maybe an idea to get started on those typical Volvo seats :) is to import an svg in Blender.
    This is a 'scalable vector image' which you can create for instance with Inkscape, which is free.
    The result is 2D but from there on you could start giving the svg some depth by extruding after you convert
    your imported structure to mesh if it already isn't cause this last part I sort of forgot. :)

#3 NOCARGO, Jun 28, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2019
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice