Blender

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by Ford Performance, May 10, 2018.

1. Ford Performance

Ford Performance
    Expand Collapse

Personally, I like destruction. Thats what BeamNG Drive is about. So I think a giant blender would be cool. Use the shift+c freecam and spawn it in there. Then switch to the blender and use different keys to activate it and do the things a real blender does (like blend, pulse, shred, grind, liquefy, you get the idea).

2. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

Pigeon smoke, don't breath this!

On a serious note, I don't see how this could be implemented reasonably as the physics engine was designed, nor why you would want to "blend, pulse, shred, grind, or liquefy" a car. In game, vehicles don't really brake up in a way that would allow any of that, save maybe the Caravan trailer if you just want a mess of parts flying around. The large spinner is probably the closest thing to a blender that can be implemented without crashing the game or having major spiking.

Not to be rude, but I have to disagree with this every time I see anyone say it. Yes, destruction is a big appeal to the game but it is not the focus. BeamNG.Drive is a physics sim, not a destruction game. If it was all about destruction it would be a lot easier to drive cars (just look at the reviews, sometimes it feels like half of them are kids who wanted a destruction sim and don't like that it actualy takes effort to drive cars in this game) and the devs probably would have focused on getting scratches and such in a long time ago. The game's destruction physics doesn't even handle certain types of collisions well (small dents, nearly anything over 200mph, etc...)

#2 ManfredE3, May 10, 2018
    Last edited: May 10, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 3
  3. BryceCharters

BryceCharters
    Expand Collapse

You are exactly right, and this is why we need career mode. Beamng really needs a lot more gameplay mechanics that make it feel like a driving simulator. The bus mode was a good step in that direction.

• Agree Agree x 4
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice