Blocking/Unloading/Hiding Flexbodies

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by SixSixSevenSeven, Dec 21, 2015.

1. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

So atomix and I have cooked up a little something the last few days in the new pessima. Simple engine swap mod, properly meshed.
    However a major part of existing pessima mesh clips with it, notably the subframe, so we've made a modified subframe. However, the subframe flexbody is loaded in with the main pessima body type part and is not otherwise a selectable part JBeam wise, so even if our engine was to load in the new subframe flexbody we've made, the old one would still be present.
    My current workaround, I've overwritten the main body part with a selectable front subframe slot, defaulting to the default flexbody already in use and with an optional replacement of our modified one. However this is something I would consider a poor practise.
    Its also an issue we've run into before both with the dove (for which we did have alternative workarounds) and the old sunburst into covet engine swap mod.

I would propose that we be given a way to have a certain JBeam part block a particular flexbody from being rendered, our new engine could then block the existing subframe flexbody from being rendered and then allow our new custom one to be loaded in without requiring the overwriting of the main JBeam (potentially ruining compatibility with both other mods and updated game versions)

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice