1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Bottleneck or what?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by I_Nightie_I, Jan 18, 2021.

1. I_Nightie_I

I_Nightie_I
    Expand Collapse

I just upgraded from a 1050 to 1070Ti,and didnt gain any performance improvement.
    I am aiming at the point my CPU is being a bottleneck,but it happens ONLY in BeamNG.
    My CPU usage is mostly at 20-25% and GPU is at 50%, while other games CPU about 50% and GPU 90-95%
    My CPU is a Xeon X5650, 6c/12t at 2.67ghz, 3.0Ghz boost.
    10GB RAM also.

2. SKB

SKB
    Expand Collapse

Other games are more graphics intensive than beamng drive (not to say this game isn't)
    Crank up all the settings, reflections etc and see what happens, your GPU need not be working over what the game needs, if the game runs well over 60fps and the GPU is at 50-60%, that's fine. If you are having framerate dips and stuff like that, and your cpu is pegged at 100%, then it's a bottleneck.

But since both you cpu and GPU are under 100%, your fine.

Oh btw, since you have a 6 core cpu, try spawning around 6-7 cars with the graphics settings at high. See what difference it makes.

3. I_Nightie_I

I_Nightie_I
    Expand Collapse

Settings dont change anything,im playing the game at High all the time.
    CPU is not at 100%,its at 20-30-35% with 1 car spawned,GPU as i said 50%,and im not going over 40fps.
    I will try spawning multiple cars and update.
    --- Post updated ---
    EDIT: I forgot to say,i dont get any framerate dips nor stuttering
    UPDATE: (i forgot update button exists lol)
    I spawned in 7 cars, CPU is at 75-80%, GPU 40-50%, RAM at 91%... Framerate is stuck at 23-24fps,without stuttering or dropping. Just stable 23-24.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I_Nightie_I

I_Nightie_I
    Expand Collapse

I done further research and do not know whats the problem.. I think its just my CPU bottlenecking,99%

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice