Unsolved Brake-based traction control only braking one wheel

Discussion in 'Mod Support' started by ItsTheLittleAcura!, Feb 20, 2019.

1. ItsTheLittleAcura!

ItsTheLittleAcura!
    Expand Collapse

I'm developing a brake-based traction control system for the Pessima, because cars from its era usually had it as an option. I tested it with the ice on gridmap, and it let both wheels spin like crazy, even though the indicator was flashing in the ESC indicator app. Checking the brake torque graph showed no corrective braking being applied. I put one side of the Pessima on the ice and the other on pavement, and the brake on the ice side kicked in to stop the wheel from spinning up. Why does brake-based TC only stop wheelspin ACROSS an axle, rather than controlling BOTH wheels on a driven axle?

2. The Raccoon

The Raccoon
    Expand Collapse

what do you mean a brake controlled system, like the one the subaru outbacks have?

3. ItsTheLittleAcura!

ItsTheLittleAcura!
    Expand Collapse

1990s traction control systems didn't cut throttle, they just dragged the brakes on the drive wheels to keep them from spinning up.

4. The Raccoon

The Raccoon
    Expand Collapse

uhhhhhhh I think the outback used the brake system so they could use the open diffs, which meant less money they had to spend, which meant they could make a ton more, lowering the price, and making a profit.

5. default0.0player

default0.0player
    Expand Collapse

Try adjusting the "brakeThrottleSwitchThreshold" value

6. ItsTheLittleAcura!

ItsTheLittleAcura!
    Expand Collapse

Adjust it up or down? It's currently at 5.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice