1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Brand name Vehicles?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by FordMan95, Nov 24, 2012.

1. FordMan95

FordMan95
    Expand Collapse

I was wondering if Beamng will have brand name cars and trucks like ford, chevy, toyota etc.? Also will players be able to build cars from scratch like in Rigs of Rods?

2. Trykkestar

Trykkestar
    Expand Collapse

This has been talked about already. They don't want to make real vehicles because they would have to go through licensing stuff. Besides, who needs real cars when they have Gabester on the team? Anyway, while the devs won't be making any real cars, the community certainly will. I'm guessing that after a month there will be plenty of real cars to choose from.

3. Hati

Hati
    Expand Collapse

All of them of terrible quality. Seriously, Gabester is the only person good at this. If I had an artist on standby to create visual models, I wouldn't mind taking a crack at things in the node/beam level. But it'd be a long time before I got good at it. Within a year we may have a team of two acting as another source of decent quality vehicles, not a month.

4. Trykkestar

Trykkestar
    Expand Collapse

No way! There are always some committed and determined people who can figure the stuff out soon after release. They just need to learn the mechanics of building cars (which they should be able to figure out fairly quick through tutorials and questions) and practice. Their first vehicles won't be amazing, but they will be something. Over time they will improve, but I can guarantee we will see some real cars released within the first month. We probably won't see any masterpieces until they get more experience (3-5 months). A year is a bit long. Unfortunately, I'm expecting the first few cars to be the "I got bored and threw this together" type. I guess we'll have to sort through them to find the better ones.

#4 Trykkestar, Nov 25, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2012
  5. Mythbuster

Mythbuster
    Expand Collapse

I agree with this. As soon as I've played BeamNG to bits I'll certainly be taking a shot at making some stuff. Perhaps the first few will be terrible quality, but I'll do my best to create some cool stuff(even if many of you will think they're all terrible, I'll still try and do my best). I hope many people will think alike, so we can have a very diverse selection of vehicles to share with eachother. I think that's what also keeps/kept RoR fun. Personally I'll probably focus more on recreating real life vehicles, since I'm pretty terrible at making stuff up, and I think Gabester truely is one the only modders for RoR and creators for BeamNG that's able to create incredibly realistic vehicle designs, without simply combining 2 existing cars. The people that design vehicles for AAA titles can probably learn a thing or two from that.

The BeamNG team deserves the longtime support that RoR has had since the beginning, and I really hope BeamNG will basically become what RoR has been. Well, except of course with the near perfect light vehicles we've seen, rather than heavy ones that the basic RoR physics focus on...

Then again, I doubt we'll get bored quickly with the vehicles Gabester is providing us anyway. If someone can't cope with the fact that the D15 doesn't say Chevrolet on the back, well, then there's probably something wrong with you :p

#5 Mythbuster, Nov 25, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2012
  6. ilya1980

ilya1980
    Expand Collapse

Russian car VAZ 2107 would 1314791509.jpg lada_2107.jpg vaz-2107(1).jpg :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

7. TheDominator

TheDominator
    Expand Collapse

It would be possible however they are not taking that step because of the licensing hassle and fees. This would increase the cost of the game. Gabe also has the freedom to model whatever he wants without having to stick to guidelines for a car.

8. Kitteh5

Kitteh5
    Expand Collapse

I pm'd Gabe, and I am planning and might in a few years start a car company, and he can model and put my ideas in BeamNG.

9. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

Ok? What? *brain glitches out, causing explosions*

10. Hati

Hati
    Expand Collapse

cad5359 is a bit silly, it has to be said.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice