Bring back an old bug as a feature

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by crazikyle, Jan 2, 2018.

1. crazikyle

crazikyle
    Expand Collapse

A long long time ago there was a bug that existed that allowed you to have "floating parts".
    20180101225020_1.jpg

That screenshot is from the current version, but it illustrates my point.

You could hover your cursor over a part, have it highlighted like above, and exit the menu and the part would stay highlighted and isolated from the rest of the car. I loved it and was devastated when it went away. It would be a great idea to introduce it back to the game as a feature, as it went very well with the game. That bug allowed us to see how parts worked towards the whole of the car. You could isolate just the springs and see how they worked, or see entire axle work together in unison. I'd love to be able to just drive around with the drivetrain and see how it works under the rest of the car. It was a beautiful bug and it should be brought back.

2. EcoNadder77

EcoNadder77
    Expand Collapse

Enable sticky selection, carefully move the mouse off of the menu, and hide the UI.

3. RedHorizon

RedHorizon
    Expand Collapse

Like a "highlight parts" feature; that'd even be helpful for mod creation.

4. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

I think this would be a helpful and educational feature and agree with the suggestion enough to show my support for it. Perhaps limited to within free roam mode and for sections of the running gear (ex: front/rear suspension assembly as independent options to view).

5. EcoNadder77

EcoNadder77
    Expand Collapse

Like this?

6. DuneWulff

DuneWulff
    Expand Collapse

I wonder, can you do the same but have just the body and chassis disappear? Have the suspension, engine, and drivetrain visible but the body and frame invisible.

7. EcoNadder77

EcoNadder77
    Expand Collapse

Most likely, yes. That might require a little lua magic though.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice