On Hold 1984 - 2006 The Brutus

Discussion in 'Land' started by Sithhy™, May 16, 2017.

Tags:
?

Should the "empty" grille be replaced with the one from the Hopper on all hoods?

Poll closed Apr 26, 2019.
  1. Yes, do it

27.3%
  2. No, don't do it

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Leave them as separate designs

72.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flippi 284

Flippi 284
    Expand Collapse

Yay slanted hummer!

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Stiggy111

Stiggy111
    Expand Collapse

This keeps on getting better and better with each post of progress.

• Agree Agree x 6
  3. Octothorp Obelus

Octothorp Obelus
    Expand Collapse

This is how fast development on this mod is going:

and I love it :)

#423 Octothorp Obelus, Nov 14, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
  4. C747

C747
    Expand Collapse

That looks so good that it's untouchable

5. Sithhy™

Sithhy™
    Expand Collapse

Well, time for some thoughts from me... Thinking, that it will be the 6th month of developing the B1 in a few days, I kinda tried to make a list of models it needs to have so I could think of releasing it sooner or later. It has already quite many of them (Blender reporting 104 objects), yet it lacks some crucial stuff to be considered an "actual" car. From what I managed to gather, it needs: windows, steering wheel (I can take that one from the game files, since the real H1 used one quite similiar to the Arnido Corsa Racing wheel), seats, mirrors (internal & external), proper interior, radiator, pedals & stalks

• Informative Informative x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  6. crazyguy69

crazyguy69
    Expand Collapse

how good is the offroading rn?

7. Sithhy™

Sithhy™
    Expand Collapse

Ask @atv_123
    He's the mechanical mastermind in this mod

• Like Like x 4
  8. atv_123

atv_123
    Expand Collapse

Pretty much the same as before. Point it at anything you wish, and climb right over it. Sometimes lack of torque can be an issue (because I haven't gotten around to adding a low range box yet) but nothing a little revving and dumping it in drive can't fix. I just got done adding the A-arms into the game since I finally had a little free time tonight. I also rebuilt the entire JBeam which allowed me to get rid of a few nodes and beams, thus allowing me to raise the overall node weights and stiffen everything up even further. Next (hopefully tomorrow) I will add in the shocks, springs, the proper steering linkage so that the front wheels will finally steer normally.

I would show it off right now but at the moment my textures got all discombobulated, so I guess my new favorite color is the no texture orange :p It's kinda ugly looking like that.

9. Octothorp Obelus

Octothorp Obelus
    Expand Collapse

Seats? Where we're going we don't need seats! Just get the squats in while crouching behind the steering wheel, going over boulders! ;)

On a more serious note, are there going to be any "extras" like spare tires, roof-rack lights, beds (I can see the steel one you're making, but others like an open bed or canvas), push bars/grille guards, removable strike-plates (Protects the engine from underbelly impacts), door types (standard and heavy-armored, tends to be twice as heavy as standard but is also twice as strong), or interior fuel tanks?

#429 Octothorp Obelus, Nov 15, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  10. atv_123

atv_123
    Expand Collapse

While some of that stuff may make an appearance in the future, I personally am just trying to get the standard one up and running first before tackling any extra fun stuff ;)

11. Sithhy™

Sithhy™
    Expand Collapse

Don't worry, there will be in some time after the B1 gets a release. Will be adding stuff to it as the time goes, so it will have quite many parts available to swap around (or atleast I hope so) :D

12. Octothorp Obelus

Octothorp Obelus
    Expand Collapse

Awesome, but for now I'd be happy even if it only came as is with no [extra] parts at release :)

13. Sithhy™

Sithhy™
    Expand Collapse

That was my goal; to release it as a "basic" vehicle with no special stuff added to it

• Like Like x 4
  14. Octothorp Obelus

Octothorp Obelus
    Expand Collapse

Kind of continuing on the parts tangent, are we going to be able to air-down the tires using a button, or do you think you'll leave it to Ctrl + W for PSI changes? Would just be a flashy kind of feature, definitely not necessary though.

15. Sithhy™

Sithhy™
    Expand Collapse

Well, I'm not able to answer you that since I don't know anything about coding :( For stuff like that you have to ask @atv_123

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

"Live" updates to the jbeam parameters are not possible right now. Any modification - such as coded variables - require a reload.

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. Racermon

Racermon
    Expand Collapse

h1's by my understanding were able to increase and decrease pressure in the tires, so it would be a nice lifelike feature that woulde be nice, I have been wanting something like that for awhile, perhaps allow a button for each tire? I would adopt that onto other vehicles so we can have somewhat "nascar" tuning
    actually I think we already have that excluding tire pressure

18. atv_123

atv_123
    Expand Collapse

I can make the tire pressure adjustable, but not on the fly. To the best of my knowledge, while it has been discussed before, I do not believe it is possible to do any sort of tire pressure adjustments with the push of a button... well... not in the classical sense anyways.

It is possible to get it in game as I have made a mechanical concept of the sort many, many, many years ago. (before Rigs of Rods had adjustable tire pressure) But it definitely wouldn't be something that you would have great control over. You could have inflated tires, or deflated tires... not really much of anything in between. That and when they are inflated they do end up feeling kind of weird seeing as I am kinda cheating the system in the way I do it.

Once the vehicle is totally completed, if there is popular enough demand for it, I can try to bring that old design into Beam and get it functional. Otherwise I would just stick to using the sliders like most mods.

• Informative Informative x 4
  19. Sithhy™

Sithhy™
    Expand Collapse

Kinda 1st person view on how it all looks

Mind the hole in the floor (haven't gotten around to fill it in) :D

Attached Files:

• Przechwytywanie.png
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. gameclick109

gameclick109
    Expand Collapse

that looks amazing

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice