1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Bruckell LeGran facelift

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by QUANTUM0, Jun 21, 2022.

1. QUANTUM0

QUANTUM0
    Expand Collapse

I don’t know if anyone else thinks this, but does the facelift version of the LeGran look older than the pre-facelift to anyone or just me? Either way, I feel like the facelift LeGran looks a little dated for a 1989 model, but I’m sure that happened to some models that failed to keep up with the times

2. robert357

robert357
    Expand Collapse

Yes, LeGran have very strange facias. Old one have traditional dual rectangular headlights and big and not that much "squarish" grille that somewhat fits that era but not really. Facelifted facia in other hand have lights behind glass (due to change in US regulations) but still very square and even more square grille that fits even more to 80s than 90s.

3. Turbo49>

Turbo49>
    Expand Collapse

It's a bit out of place but the facelifted version does look better in my opinion, so i don't mind.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Bakasan

Bakasan
    Expand Collapse

idk they both look pretty fine to me, the facelifts composite headlights, flush front fascia give a more modern vibe

what I do find interesting (and maybe what is giving you guys strange feeling with fascias) is the front nose of the pre facelift has some heavy Buick vibes to it (go check out an 86 model Skylark or Somerset), while the facelift looks more like an Oldsmobile model of the period
    Both cars irl do have slightly different design language, for instance the Buick Skylark from 86-91 always had a grille sized like the early Legran, though did recieve flush headlights later on. Similar story with the Olds Ciera, always had a slimmer, wider grille from 84-91, like the later Legran, but once again recieved composite lights, flusher styling ect with later models

For an image reference:
    86 vs 91 Skylark

and 84 vs 91 Cutlass Ciera

Another factor to consider is that the original basic design for the Legran was done by Gabe back in around 2012, while the facelift came much more recently (possibly by another author, cant remember exactly though)

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice