On Hold 1984 - 2006 The Brutus

Discussion in 'Land' started by Sithhy™, May 16, 2017.

Tags:
?

Should the "empty" grille be replaced with the one from the Hopper on all hoods?

Poll closed Apr 26, 2019.
  1. Yes, do it

27.3%
  2. No, don't do it

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Leave them as separate designs

72.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crazyguy69

crazyguy69
    Expand Collapse

its ok for there to be hate and shit just as long as its constructive then its fine plus i dont give a fuck about what people over online have to say to me on a liter note you keep up the awsome work and ill keep doing whatever im doing

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Sithhy™

Sithhy™
    Expand Collapse

Just because I feel bad for not showing any progress, have this :p

So far, it comes only with the stuff you can see on the pictures & gifs; more parts to come. As for the driving itself, it's... bad since it's not really tuned; if it all. It'll obviously get better as the time goes on

Top of the world

Obvious WIP Alpha is obvious

And also, who doesn't like to see some driveshafts spinning? :D

sxjfHWh-Imgur.gif 0Hb53Z1-Imgur.gif

• Like Like x 23
  3. Spiicy

Spiicy
    Expand Collapse

Nice, I never knew it was even in game! GreaT!!

4. The Shotty

The Shotty
    Expand Collapse

upload_2018-8-16_0-37-52.png
    livery maps when

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Sithhy™

Sithhy™
    Expand Collapse

Soon™

• Like Like x 1
  6. atv_123

atv_123
    Expand Collapse

For anyone that is curious what was added since the last in game update (other than the body... I dunno if I said anything about adding it... but I did do a post with it on... ehh... close enough) both the regular and cut Brutus hoods are now in game along with a removable hard top for the current 2 door body that is in game.

A little under the hood action happened as well as I reorganized the files so that I can have a new JBeam per body style as they will have their own roofes (roof's... roves... roovs... whatever) roofinaters, doors, tailgates, tail lights, and whatnot that will go with each specific body type. Then I will have a generic attachments JBeam for more... well... generic things... bumpers, roof racks, seats, hoods, hood vents, snorkels, stuff like that... not only will it make it easier for me to not lose my mind while doing this, but it will make it easier for you guys to eventually add parts and customize the vehicle... because... let's be honest... we all know that's gonna happen... so might as well make it easier to do.

• Like Like x 5
  7. Sithhy™

Sithhy™
    Expand Collapse

Because I was bored, here's a small video for you.

This is a power test with the worst engine the real H1 ever came with... A 190HP 5.7L V8 Petrol engine. For now it uses the old generic V8 sound just because testing, but in some time, all of the engines will come with proper sounds :) As you can see, the wheels are all wibbly-wobbly because it has no stabilisers on them etc.

The total weight of the "contraption" being pulled is ~45 tons BUT add the 3,16 tons of the B1 on screen & you're looking at a bit over 48 tons of raw weight being propelled by that tiny engine. The speed it managed to hit before it fell out of the runway, was 55km/h, which IMO is pretty good considering what it used for the engine. To add to that, it pulled all of that in high range :D

#1007 Sithhy™, Aug 17, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2018
    • Like Like x 10
  8. ThatCarGuyDownTheStreet

ThatCarGuyDownTheStreet
    Expand Collapse

R.I.P. clutch, you will be missed. Do you think there will be any diesel swaps coming to it? Like perhaps a 4BTA or something like that?

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Sithhy™

Sithhy™
    Expand Collapse

Yes, it will have a Cummins 4BT as the first engine swap; haven't really thought of other ones yet

10. atomspeed123

atomspeed123
    Expand Collapse

Right, off to the Blackfoot :p
    No seriously lol, I might make a video myself on it towing the same thing. Same power, but about 100 less torques - and a lot less weight in the car. I'll have to get the towbar set up first though.

#1010 atomspeed123, Aug 17, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Sithhy™

Sithhy™
    Expand Collapse

You can always try, but remember that I did it in high range & no diff lock (since it hasn't any) :D Good luck though, hope you do it anyway, cool to see some competition :p

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. atomspeed123

atomspeed123
    Expand Collapse

It might be difficult even with the towing package, especially in high range :p
    The weight shift means I won't have much grip unless I put it into Part-Time high-range which locks the front/rear torque at 50/50. 4 high on yours would have locked the axles together like part time does anyways (like all other stock 4WD cars in the game) so I think it's fair enough for me to use that :D.
    Gotta remember though, the towing package has a rear LSD.

• Like Like x 4
  13. atv_123

atv_123
    Expand Collapse

Welp... I'm gonna add something here... pulling weight on a flat surface isn't really much of a challenge... pulling it up a hill on the other hand... that is where things get tricky. So I think a road with a gentle uphill grade needs to be used so that the trucks have to fight against gravity... otherwise you guys could just sit on the torque converters all day till it started to roll (or the torque converters overheated... can that happen in Beam?) and then you just punch it and keep it rolling.

Oh, and as far as 4WD systems are concerned, the Hummer and the Jeep actually use very similar systems. Practically the only difference is that the Jeep has it called Part Time and Full Time 4WD while the Hummer keeps things simple with 4 High and 4 High Locked. Both do the same thing... locking and unlocking the center differential... the only difference is there is no 2WD on the Hummer.

I would love to see Blackfoot have a go at it though... 99% of the reason being that up until about 3 months ago I used to have one of those Jeeps, and one of my friends just bought one as well... also just because it's fun and I would love to see what it could do!

• Like Like x 4
  14. whatheck

whatheck
    Expand Collapse

Where are the download links?

15. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

There isn't any.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Sithhy™

Sithhy™
    Expand Collapse

So, ugh... I kind of feel embarassed saying that, but I would need to apologise for a mistake I did few posts back.

In my excitement for driving the B1, I've forgotten that atv_123 gave it only one engine, which is the 6.5L N/A V8 Diesel. I was so excited to finally do some more pictures/videos with the B1, just to show that the mod is still alive, being worked on (even if no progress is shown) etc. that I forgot the B1 runs on only one engine. For some reason in my mind, that engine was the 5.7L N/A V8 petrol which turns out to be WRONG and all my claims about the pulling power of it are actually not true. The real engine that was used for pulling the 48t load, was actually the 6.5L Diesel (mentioned earlier) which produces 170HP but with more torque ... Still, it is not THAT much more powerful than the petrol one, but it was strong enough to actually fake the pulling test because of my own stupidity...

I REALLY apologise for making you think the B1 could pull that much with that little (which still may be possible in low range) & hope you accept my apology :(

@atomspeed123 I hope the "competition" is still up o_O

upload_2018-8-18_16-16-27.png

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  17. atomspeed123

atomspeed123
    Expand Collapse

That's fine :p
    I've done some tests with a towbar... it can tow up to 30 tons in trailers as far as I've tested so far :D
    That's in 4-High without a locked center diff.

• Like Like x 3
  18. atv_123

atv_123
    Expand Collapse

Hehe... don't you worry... even with the least powerful engine, the GM Detroit Diesel 6.2-Litre with a mear 146hp and 255ft-lbs, the Hummer H1 has a bit more than a 30:1 crawl ratio... depending on the year of course... which would give that particular engine and driveline combination (technically the worst of all it can have) a solid 7,650ft-lbs of torque at the wheels. That's pretty darn good even for the worst engine and transmission/driveline... so it will be slow, but it can still pull quite a bit if needed.

19. atomspeed123

atomspeed123
    Expand Collapse

The Blackfoot Power-Six with 3.55 gearing in 4-Low has ~5200lb/ft of wheel torque in first gear, and there's a 3.73 factory axle ratio available. So it's definitely still up for it :p

• Like Like x 2
  20. crazyguy69

crazyguy69
    Expand Collapse

wooo im dying of smoke in washington rn (joking but ya its smoky as shit here) how bad is it for you guys? also any new things or other stuff?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice