Burnout Paradise Remaster

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by DuneWulff, Jan 11, 2018.

1. DuneWulff

DuneWulff
    Expand Collapse

According to rumors, there's a Burnout Paradise HD Remaster in the works.
    If true, I have a feeling EA is using this as a measure of determining the remaining interest of Burnout as a whole. Perhaps Burnout as a series isn't dead?
    I mean, NFS is gradually fading into dust and isn't quite the cash-cow that EA wants it to be anymore. Burnout has no licensing requirements for the cars, so it sure is cheaper than NFS to produce.
    Of course, it isn't a new Burnout game but it is better than nothing.

• Like Like x 2
  2. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

I certainly would like a PC remaster if they don't abandon it like they have with a lot of games. I like NFS, but the recent titles have just been lackluster at best. After Payback being not as great as it was hyped up to be, I am worried about the future of the series. Any new Burnout titles probably won't be able to live up to hype after how good Paradise was though...

3. crashmaster

crashmaster
    Expand Collapse

ive seen this a while ago and i was hoping it wasnt just some random fake stories. i loved burnout paradise, if EA doesnt screw up the remaster with micros transactions it should be good.

4. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

I doubt if there is a next burnout, it will be any good. Criterion is dead, and I sure hope ghost isn't allowed to touch burnout, seeing as how they wrecked NFS.

5. Jota3214™

Jota3214™
    Expand Collapse

Yup, I trusted "Ghost" when they published "Need for Speed Rivals", it wasn't that bad game, but, when the 2015 reboot landed, it was mediocre, I think that Payback could save from a bit of problems, but, the game is also bad, so, I don't trust "Ghost" anymore, if they remake "Burnout Paradise", I would became happy, but first, I would read the reviews :p :)

6. Carbunny2

Carbunny2
    Expand Collapse

YES! Burnout paradise remaster! Do it EA and do it good please!!!!!!!

7. Jota3214™

Jota3214™
    Expand Collapse

That's why I said, that don't let Ghost ruin it, after to see, what they did to the new Need For Speed ''Remasters'', I don't wanna see them to do the remaster : I :mad:

8. Carbunny2

Carbunny2
    Expand Collapse

YES EA!!! Take us back to paradise city where the grass is green and the cars are pretty... NO not just pretty... AMAZING!!! (but please do it right...? pretty please?)

9. Jota3214™

Jota3214™
    Expand Collapse

The bad thing, is that, how would they make a great remaster, if, Criterion Games is dead, and they have the shitty ''Ghost'' company : I

10. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

It's kinda hard to screw up a Burnout game though... Ghost isn't known for good handling models, so that's one thing to worry about. Aside from that, there's is no story to get wrong, no upgrade system to get wrong. I would be happy with Ghost just retexturig everything and EA selling it with all DLC already packaged.

11. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

I honestly hated paradise. The open world kinda broke the burnout formula. So yes, you can screw up a burnout game.

12. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

EA can barely make any good game anymore, it's pretty much the greedy side of Ubisoft as a company. (That greediness ruined Battlefront 2, with the loot crate.)

13. Copunit12

Copunit12
    Expand Collapse

Ubisoft has gotten better. Although the loot crate thing in R6S is stupid but they did give everyone who played before March 6th gets a free elite skin so most people are tolerant.

14. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, though Ubisoft has some rough games. Watch Dogs is a great example, even the sequel counts as well.

15. enjoyinorc6742

enjoyinorc6742
    Expand Collapse

if the is a Paradise remake, i would be happy. I only played Paradise and the 1st burnout game and i love paradise. I tried payback but handling was a complete shit show. and to reply to @Gothorita , Watch Dogs 1 suffered from the "It must be shiny for E3" syndrome but was in itself, a good game. Watch Dogs 2 did suffer from the previously mentioned syndrome but suffered from the "first game was shit so the second one will be too" syndrome.

make a good burnout game and fans WILL buy it. make it a cash grab, then the fans will not buy it. EA did it to themeselves.

16. Alewyx

Alewyx
    Expand Collapse

i hope EA doesnt screw burnout remastered up. (if it comes out)

17. Copunit12

Copunit12
    Expand Collapse

They will.

18. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

Plus, they released a game BEFORE E3. That was the sequel to Mirror's Edge, which marked it's own "death sentence" in 2016.

19. Glitchy

Glitchy
    Expand Collapse

If Burnout 3 gets remastered.. My god, I will be the happiest person ever. Burnout 3, revenge, and paradise defines my childhood. Most of my favorite bands, and songs came from the soundtrack of the burnout series.

20. BombBoy4

BombBoy4
    Expand Collapse

If they do go through with this, it needs to include all the DLC, not just some of it. Big Surf Island was one of my favorite parts about Paradise City on console, and it was a real disappointment when the "all DLC included" PC version didn't have it, and the servers were down so I couldn't buy it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice