Bus Transmission won't behave!

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by Michaelflat, Sep 29, 2018.

1. Michaelflat

Michaelflat
    Expand Collapse

Not sure if it's just on my machine, but on my Wentward powertrain mod, the gasoline transmission (one i coded etc.) will not lockup, despite being told to.. It only locks up in 6th gear, rather than 2nd gear at 2000RPM as told in the .jbeam. Cleared cache, now what?
    upload_2018-9-29_8-38-37.png (it only has one torque converter option, which is hardcoded with the transmission)

How to test if transmission is locked:
    Put it in M mode (keeps gear constant), come on and off the throttle hard, 100% to 0%, if the RPM moves more than say 100RPM then it is unlocked, if it doesn't then it's locked.

Attached Files:

2. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

I did TC for train, electric motor, made it so that it should lock up at 1rpm to make solid connection like direct drive, but no, it just refused to lockup, not sure if there is a code that opens TC lock if throttle is applied more than certain percentage or if there is more than certain percentage of torque.

I know that IRL TC lockup on passenger cars tends to open up if you use more throttle, that is in older ones, modern ones keep it locked I guess.

Anyway I did not play too much with this, but maybe there is a keyword to tell TC to stay locked despite load etc.

3. Michaelflat

Michaelflat
    Expand Collapse

yeah it's a bit tempremental, i've never had this issue before on any other car

4. Michaelflat

Michaelflat
    Expand Collapse

@Diamondback
    Also on the bus, fufsgfen said that sometimes the bus will shift up instead of down when under full throttle climbing hills.

5. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Highway bus variant is kinda problematic:

6. Michaelflat

Michaelflat
    Expand Collapse

i just noticed it's always at 34 Km/h that it plays up.

7. Capkirk

Capkirk
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, its because the bus trains has smart shift points disabled, and just uses hardcoded shift points, which aren't tuned at all.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

It kinda depends from hill etc. Sometimes it is even worse. 4 speed version is not that bad though, only 6 speed highway version is really big immersion breaker.

I haven't looked files if there is different tuning between 4 speed and 6 speed, but I think that their current dev version already works differently as issue with 6 speed version (highway config) is kinda hard to miss.

Anyway I think that it is not only tuning, I had weird issue of similar kind with Automation car, it was not high shift points, but low shift points that I needed to adjust, even issue did occur at full throttle, it is a while though and I did not think much of it then, however that is what vague memory I have about it. Sadly haven't got much time for tests currently, but maybe someone can play with low shift points and see if there was some bug involved to that or if I just remember wrong and if it is just high shift points that make it behave.

9. Michaelflat

Michaelflat
    Expand Collapse

4-speed has no issues on mine either.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice