WIP C-Class Car/s

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by EXOCET_THE_DESTROYER, Jan 11, 2018.

1. EXOCET_THE_DESTROYER

EXOCET_THE_DESTROYER
    Expand Collapse

Have begun making the first car. Currently compiling script.
    --- Post updated ---
    Help wanted if able to be provided.

Cheers,
    EXOCET
    --- Post updated ---
    Here is a quick picture of the process so far.:mad: Some parts are so annoying

Attached Files:

• BeamngCodingprocess.jpg
  2. Twitch Axis

Twitch Axis
    Expand Collapse

I see that in the picture you have named it Mazda 787b, unfortunately you cannot use that name because it is the name of the real car. Come up with some name that fits it, like you see the devs name a car that looks like something from real life a certain name...be creative!

3. EXOCET_THE_DESTROYER

EXOCET_THE_DESTROYER
    Expand Collapse

I will once i have actually got it working, however for know i will use that name so that people know which car it is.

4. Twitch Axis

Twitch Axis
    Expand Collapse

Makes sense.

5. Ytrewq

Ytrewq
    Expand Collapse

Real cars are totally allowed on the forum. Make your Mazda and don't listen to people who are trying to stop you!

6. Twitch Axis

Twitch Axis
    Expand Collapse

Are you sure about that? Check out this. Not to mention I was specifically told that certain content couldn't be used.I tried to post a michelin tire texture and I was denied because real life content was not allowed in game, including real names. Notice how most skins of real life have been changed, for example Mallmart and all of those skins. Ring a bell?

7. Ytrewq

Ytrewq
    Expand Collapse

Repository doesn't allow real life brands. The forum does.
    The page you linked was about if devs can make a real car. It had nothing to do with modding.

8. Twitch Axis

Twitch Axis
    Expand Collapse

It had to do with both in my opinion. I don't know why you would make a mod and post it on just the forum...I would make something you can post under mods. And, for your information I am not "trying to stop him" from making his Mazda. I am trying to save him time that he would have to take to go rename everything after he has already made the entire mod with the Mazda name. I suppose if a name is so important he could post it in the forums. I would just make a fake name that fits it, and then post in the description that it was modeled as a Mazda. Simple.

9. EXOCET_THE_DESTROYER

EXOCET_THE_DESTROYER
    Expand Collapse

Renaming a car once it has been made is no trouble, there are only a few places that require changes. calling it by it's real name is just so people can judge what sort of car it is, and whether or not they like it.

10. SebastianJDM

SebastianJDM
    Expand Collapse

Renaming a car is no trouble. Re-badging and re-skinning is. If you want to make your 787b, feel free to post it on the forum, there's absolutely nothing wrong with it. However, posting it on the repository will cause it to be much more popular, and youtubers will most likely use it.

If you've already made skins and such, it's a pain to redo all of that just to make fake brands. If you're up for that, or if you haven't skinned it yet, I'm sure we would all love to see this marvel of engineering posted on the repository. Maybe the Ibishu 260C or something (260 for 2600cc if you're using a 4 rotor that's basically 2 13Bs strapped together, C for the type of racing it will be doing. You could even make it into a Group A car or something maybe).

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice