WIP C T K - The Forbidden Fruit Project

Discussion in 'Land' started by NOCARGO, Jan 19, 2020.

1. NOCARGO

NOCARGO
    Expand Collapse

Dear BeamNG Enthousiasts !

Welcome to the thread of my latest project, "C T K - The Forbidden Fruit" !

There must have been speculations for almost as long as the game exists I guess.
    Everybody is drawn by the mysterious force a German car brand has cast upon this
    planet. Though many seem to have a mysterious way of quickly turning away after
    mysteriously been attracted to the enigma of its charismas. Many of us know this
    car brand has brought 'any inspirations' to the developers of this game too.

This game is good, really good. In fact it's not really a game. So no one wants to
    be responsible for ruining its qualities and its appeal, right? I guess this is an
    important reason why there never came a project in relation to this car brand to the
    surface and why established modders may be somewhat mysteriously careful in
    approaching the subject?

As a modder, established or not, I think it's time for a change -

My 'Forbidden Fruit' is almost ripe :p

The CTK 28-series

This thread is open for discussion and critisism as long as they are
    polite and respectful. :)

• Like Like x 40
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. appesh1

appesh1
    Expand Collapse

i cant wait, keep up the good work

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. NOCARGO

NOCARGO
    Expand Collapse

Some general information on the CTK-28 :

3D model - WOM (free from license)
    Based on - ETKi series
    Meshslap - not on release
    Configs - all(!) ETKi configs

Philosophy behind the project : finishing some unfinished business

The CTK-28 is a car of a fictive and lore friendly brand. It is entirely based on the
    ETKi-series and will carry all of its features plus many more. My goal is to combine
    the unmatching quality of the vanilla I series with the ever desired elegance of a
    German car brand :) many of us know and love, especially the classics in my case.

• Like Like x 6
  4. GotNoSable!

GotNoSable!
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Bruh he beefed up his PC there's no stopping him.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. NOCARGO

NOCARGO
    Expand Collapse

You might guess what these mean :

shift.png autoshift.png econ.png obc.png

• Like Like x 9
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. ThatCarGuyDownTheStreet

ThatCarGuyDownTheStreet
    Expand Collapse

7. NOCARGO

NOCARGO
    Expand Collapse

Working shifter, autoshifter, fuel economy gauge and... fully operational on board computer :p

• Like Like x 12
  8. GotNoSable!

GotNoSable!
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Does the shift cover on the manual shake when you shift?
    Ban if not.

9. NOCARGO

NOCARGO
    Expand Collapse

Very funny, Limbs :D

• Like Like x 22
  10. maxi taxi

maxi taxi
    Expand Collapse

Looks like its very detailed and well made! Great work!!

#10 maxi taxi, Jan 22, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. MrChickenDude

MrChickenDude
    Expand Collapse

This might sound rather dumb, but how exactly did you make it move in such a smooth way?

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. NOCARGO

NOCARGO
    Expand Collapse

There are rather few dumb questions in the world and yours doesn't belong to them :)
    Well, to answer your question, it's a combination of different factors. It depends on how much one is thrust with certain
    features. You have to use LUA scripting to control the movement of hydros. Hydros are beams that are capable to expand
    and contract according to certain lengths and certain rates (speeds). As hydros are beams those beams contain certain
    properties like springiness and strength. Finally you use coordinates in the LUA file to determine how far the hydros move
    into their respective direction. What concerns the shift cover is a matter of UV mapping, another story :)
    It isn't perfect yet since the shifter base is clipping tremendous when the doors of the car are deformed. That is
    because I haven't gave the shifter base a proper JBEAM yet. Everything once at a time :)

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05
    Expand Collapse

This is shaping up to great! There hasn't been a good mod like this since the ETK W, so I'm looking forward to being able to drive it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. NOCARGO

NOCARGO
    Expand Collapse

Trim options will be Chrome, Blackline and both of these without door trim too.

trim1.png trim2.png trim3.png

Of course the Brigsby trim option remains too, as to be seen in OP, that trim is just not finished yet.

• Like Like x 11
  15. YASTIK

YASTIK
    Expand Collapse

This car is challenging with original beamng cars and this car will be better than them. This is gonna be awesome

• Like Like x 1
  16. NOCARGO

NOCARGO
    Expand Collapse

Thank you for your appreciation. I would like to say though that I don't see this car as being challenging to original BeamNG cars.
    After all this IS a BeamNG car, it's an ETKi being rebuild. Everybody has their own way and style of making things. Without BeamNG
    none of this is possible and every modder has his or her own way too. Some like to build from scratch, others focus on certain fields
    of modding and me, I like to personalize or improve already existing products to my own needs.
    And I myself don't see the original cars as to be improved but rather personalized in a 'lore friendly mod'. :)

Back OT a bit :

I'm going to be honest to say that I'm releasing features one by one for two reasons. Reason nr 1 is that there is alot that's going to
    'drive some people nuts' ( sorry I'm being a little less modest here ) and nr 2 has to do with things not being finished of course.
    For a while I will be posting some pics and vids on which you will notice strange spots everywhere, don't worry about it that is just
    all the regions that aren't properly UV-mapped yet. This also counts for the skins you will be getting to see. These are namely
    the hardest task (for me) to get right. As I promised all the I-series features would be preserved, that goes for the skins too and
    I'm not very experienced with skins, in other words, that is kind of new to me. But I will do my best to get them (sort of) right and
    any advice is always appreciated. :) Speaking of skins here's first peek into them :

followed by the handbrake trim :
    The original famous car brand provided two versions of handbrake trim back in the day. So far I couldn't decide yet which one to
    use. The standard one exists of black brush hairs trimming the handbrake lever and the high end version trims the lever with leather
    clothing. But I already made a slot for the dash (which extends all the way to the handbrake 'console') for a different reason (surprise)
    so I guess I will end up making a standard and a high end dash version.

hbrake.png

• Like Like x 8
  17. Srockzz

Srockzz
    Expand Collapse

Damn man you are pulling this thing like a magician does with a rabbit. Its looking great.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. NOCARGO

NOCARGO
    Expand Collapse

The optional Nomi steering wheels just got additional naves so they fit the CTK's steering column. (is it 'column'?)

nominave.png

They are not completely in position yet
    --- Post updated ---
    I might be giving away to much yet but then why not :) Just trying to slide with the default tire setup from the Evolution
    for a minute, those aren't really the sliding type though.. Remember the Brigsby trim isn't fitted to the CTK yet !

• Like Like x 5
  19. NOCARGO

NOCARGO
    Expand Collapse

gauge_lights.png

• Like Like x 7
  20. Denis15

Denis15
    Expand Collapse

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice