1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Camera Issues

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by billmar, Jun 1, 2020.

1. billmar

billmar
    Expand Collapse

So I was in the showroom and was messing around with the showroom stuffand my game went to like 640 by 480p and my camera was FREAKING OUT. So I force quitted the game and I loaded back in to find the camera just pure TRASH. its way to snappy and locks hard into place, it used to be smooth and had a just kinda slid across the screen when I stopped using my joystick. but now the camera is just way to slow and just shitty when I go to change from the different camera positions. Idefk what happened, but if someone could DM me on discord and we can maybe get into a voice call and il share my screen and show u what the deal is.|

Mr. Хардбасс#1807

2. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

You pressed the button to start the Thumbnail Generation.
    It sets your game to a smaller resolution and automated the camera movements to take the screenshots.

If you closed the game before stopping it / it was done, it probably never reset back your camera settings.
    Go to Userfolder/BeamNG.drive/settings and delete everything (you can keep the inputmaps folder, for your controls)

3. billmar

billmar
    Expand Collapse

It didn't work, and I went into the settings folder and deleted everything and it still is a very snappy camera. Idk what to even do.

4. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Please provide a video of it, as well send me a copy of your settings folder in PM

5. billmar

billmar
    Expand Collapse

I have an actual recording of before and after the camera, the first one is like a farewell message to a friend and you can see that the camera is very smooth and free flowing, but with my second video, it shows the camera super choppy and just not very nice, also it seems to follow the frame of the car, as when in the before video, it didn't really follow the frame of the car. also do you have a discord username where I can DM you both videos? Plus I did what you said and Deleted everything in the Settings folder, even tried uninstalling, reinstalling, also tried completely destroying the settings folder altogether, and even verified my files after I deleted the settings folder. Msg me for the videos and il send them to you through discord, Thanks.

Discord tag - Mr. Хардбасс#1807

6. billmar

billmar
    Expand Collapse

Can you please respond in adding me on discord so we can look at the videos because I am wanting to post more YouTube videos on this game. Can you please help me???

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice