Camera Movement

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by VeyronEB, Aug 15, 2014.

1. VeyronEB

VeyronEB
    Expand Collapse

Although the current camera is a great improvement over the last, I find it really clunky with horrible smoothing, auto centralizing and inverted controls. I feel that a camera similar to the "standard camera" that you can use in the editor would be a perfect 3rd person camera. Even an option for setting different camera settings in the future would be quite useful.

Anyway just an idea I'd like to get an opinion on :)

2. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

Although the PRU camera tweaks were welcome in my opinion no doubt it's still a massive work in progress. Personally I'd like to see the camera reset to default exterior every single time a vehicle gets
    spawned regardless of position and/or the instant driving inputs are registered. In that respect it's definitely clunky.

3. VeyronEB

VeyronEB
    Expand Collapse

I know its still quite early but I wouldnt mind the auto rotation as much but it seems to have a problem were instead of rotating to the front and back when reversing and moving forward they seem to just rotate to the opposite of whichever side of the car the camera is pointed at, really annoying when driving slowly. But this should be quite a basic fix as as far as I know they're just default Torque 3d camera settings.

4. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

Agree. Somewhere in the darkest bowels of T3D lies the motherlode camera script files.....er perhaps.

5. jammin2222

jammin2222
    Expand Collapse

The only thing I hate about the current camera is the way it tries to rotate around the car when changing direction. They have a button to toggle weather you are looking forward or backwards, so why have the cam auto rotate if you have a button. The amount of times I have plopped it in reverse, hit the toggle camera direction button to look backwards then as I start reversing the camera slowly rotates to looking forward as you drive backward. yet if I dont use the toggle direction button and try reversing, the camera has only rotated halfway around the car before I hit something because I cant see. Maybe they should link the action of engaging reverse gear to the toggle camera direction button and disable the auto rotate all together.

6. VeyronEB

VeyronEB
    Expand Collapse

Yep thats the sort of thing I'm talking about. It doesn't seem to centre in the detection you moving but the opposite of wherever is pointed. I much prefer using the mouse than the numpad but both have the same problems.
    A camera system similar to GTA 4 were you can move the camera freely around the car and it will auto lock at a higher speed but still allows you to easily rotate it and won't try to constantly rotate itself randomly, would be perfect.

7. SHOme1289

SHOme1289
    Expand Collapse

I even like the GTA4 camera because the camera, in forward motion (like when driving) is Slightly offset to one side, to kind of give you more perspective instead of the camera being completely behind the car at all times. And yes, at highway speeds, the camera auto-centers but still lets you rotate some, but not all the way around, plus theres the "look behind" button. GTA4 got it down pat. Havent played 5 yet but I am sure they optimized it more, might be a bit better.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice