1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Cameras

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TYLERTJ, May 20, 2014.

1. TYLERTJ

TYLERTJ
    Expand Collapse

Hello.
    I would like to discuss the cameras in BeamNG DRIVE. I've noticed it feels very different than other games, unpolished as some say. It feels... Too connected to the vehicle. When you look at older videos of DRIVE in the CryEngine3 system, it looks a lot better. Perhaps it is the smoothness. Also, in the interior/other views, it doesn't stay connected. I may be misunderstanding Tourque3Ds capabilities, but CryEngine3 does a much better job.

For example: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ARVeT0Wkzxg. This is a old video of BeamNG in CryEngine3, and the camera doesn't shake like in Tourque3D. It feels much smoother, and it also feels like your tumbling in the game, too.

Another: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9JPDtDfxf6w. Later on, about mid-video when it's not in the free camera, it looks more proper and it's not shaky at all.

Thank You:)

2. TechnicolorDalek

TechnicolorDalek
    Expand Collapse

It's still in alpha. The devs have said that camera improvements are planned.

3. TYLERTJ

TYLERTJ
    Expand Collapse

I realize it is in very early alpha. Thanks for you reply. Where did the devs say this?

4. Ghost187

Ghost187
    Expand Collapse

they should make a clipping option for the camera to collide with the terrain. (so i doesnt go through the ground)
    and the default third person camera is a bit too far away for my taste, but thats easily solveable by editing the j-beam files.

5. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

you do realize you can zoom the 3rd person camera in and out, right?

6. Ghost187

Ghost187
    Expand Collapse

yes i do ;)

but i found it annoying to adjust it the way i wanted after every spawn,vehicle re-load and camera re-center...
    but as said, i reduced the cameradistance and changed the angle in the J-beam files exactly the way i wanted ;) and it gives a whole other feel to the game:D
    bandicam (2).jpg bandicam (3).jpg
    ---------------------- -default----------------------- --------------------------------mine

7. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

well, if you want to see something that is truly way to far away by default, check our RoR default camera's (those things were like, 500FT Away)

8. pulley999

pulley999
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, they totally weren't designed for trucks/lorries!

And yes, the 3rd person camera does feel a little too weighty at times. It's especially noticeable in helicopters.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice