Campaign ideas

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by crashmaster, Aug 10, 2015.

1. crashmaster

crashmaster
    Expand Collapse

I know the campaigns are far from being done or even started but, i though of some possible ideas as a career and such.
    instead of starting with an old junkyard car or whatever it would be, have multiple career choice at the start that goes along 2 categories like so, illegal street racing which would include the police chases and such, and professional racing.
    because as of now, there are some maps that are racetracks and just like jungle maps. and such, maybe even have a 4x4 off-road career choice.
    Of course this is gonna be in a future far from here because there's also not a lot of options as of now. Not that much vehicle choices and there's a lot of work to be done, im really looking forward to see how this game ends up because this is my favorite game. i would like to see what anyone thinks of this idea, maybe have other ideas that will make this game 10X better then it already is now.
    But lets not forgot the demolition derby, this is something that everyone wants to see in this game.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Occam's Razer

Occam's Razer
    Expand Collapse

The only flaw I see in this is: why only two? How about one single career in which you start with a so-so car that better embodies a jack of all trades rather than something you could only use for one purpose? Start with the choice between a stock, worn-out Pessima and D-Series, giving the player the potential to start toward a career trajectory of their choice. Racing, rallying, derbying, offroading, delivery, etc. all being potential paths that the player could seek out. Once you begin a career, you get the freedom to do whatever you want. Wherever you like. In whatever car you wish.

"The freedom to .drive however you please."

3. mfaughnan57

mfaughnan57
    Expand Collapse

I am getting way too excited just reading about this

4. CaffeinatedPixels

CaffeinatedPixels
    Expand Collapse

I can already hear the famous Youtubers mocking this.

"the freedom to dot drive haeuaehauheauheaueuhaeuh"

Personally I'd like to see a campaign and a challenge mode. Challenges could be to get around a track as fast as possible, to make it as far as possible without breaking something on the car, or even tollbooth races (NFS:MW05 anyone?)

I figure it would add a little bit of spark to the game rather than it being a simple racing game.

5. KiloHotel

KiloHotel
    Expand Collapse

That's what the scenarios section is for..
    ---------------------

Occam's Razer summed up my wishes pretty well in one small little paragraph. Although I think the pigeon is meant to be the starting vehicle.

6. -fraumage-

-fraumage-
    Expand Collapse

I also thought how awsome it would be if we could buy upgrades for our cars. Like, adding a turbo, or changing the engine, wheels, and much more.

7. wessel4000

wessel4000
    Expand Collapse

Police chase is gonna be hell

8. derpfleet55

derpfleet55
    Expand Collapse

I think a sort of campaign that depends on what you do from the start would be nice. Essentially everyone starts with the same stuff, depending on the difficulty mode maybe amount of money and/or car choice at the start is more limited in higher difficulties. From there you can enter events (or just drive around) etc, which might require certain types of vehicles. From there on say events would "unlock" higher tiers of that type of event, creating a large "tree of progression" for various types and styles of events.
    This would in theory
    • Allow user choice to do what they want, similar to what you could do in the real world
    • Incorporate various types of car culture events (and the cars in the game) with no need to start a new campaign; if you want to start out as a street racer end eventually work your way up to a professional race driver you can, but if you want to take a brakeha half way and start up some off-roading or rally events as the same "person" you would be free to do so.
    • Incorporate already theorized parts of the game based around tuning up and fixing old cars, without limiting you based on what "campaign" you originally chose
    Just some ideas that I thing could work. So far beam has been about freedom of choice, and for that it has thrived. Limiting campaigns to a certain "class" or "style" of car culture seems limiting IMO.

#8 derpfleet55, May 5, 2016
    Last edited: May 5, 2016
  9. AdvisedOffender

AdvisedOffender
    Expand Collapse

I think if they make something where you have to buy cars and you have to earn money to modify them they should make it so that every month theres a certain amount that type of vehicle avaialble to buy. So lets say theres a craze for the 200bx and theres only 100 of them available, and me and 99 other people buy them and someone else wants to buy it they cant until ones up for sale or the next month has arived. idk id think that would be cool to have a global market for the cars available in the game. So you have to wait or buy someones rusty or wrecked one and work on that.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice