1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Can´t find a solution to "Connection to the server could not be established."

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by SuitedPenguin, Sep 12, 2018.

1. SuitedPenguin

SuitedPenguin
    Expand Collapse

Like said, I can´t find a solution to "Connection to the server could not be established." error message in the repository tab, no mods installed, reinstalled few times, what am I doing wrong? Is there maybe something that I should have done to get it to work that I missed? Or is the repository just not working right now?

Thanks for any replies.

2. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

3. SuitedPenguin

SuitedPenguin
    Expand Collapse

Followed the steps on the support page and got the error message in the pic.

The support ID it gave me is: 40210

Thanks for any help

Attached Files:

• ScreenShotError-40210.png
  4. SuitedPenguin

SuitedPenguin
    Expand Collapse

Since the first time I posted here I kept looking for a way to fix it and it seems to be some sort of windows problem, I tried everything there is but it just doesn´t want to work.
    Every forum where someone complains about it and can´t manage to fix it ends up reinstalling windows and I want to at least try and not do that.
    Isn´t there something I could try? Maybe some fix? Something?

Just to be clear, my internet connection works perfectly fine and I can do everything, but connect to the beamng servers.

I really hope for a reply, Thanks in advance.

5. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

The game logs does not contain any sign of trying to open the repository.
    Please make sure you have first tried to replicate the issue before getting a Support ID (else your logs won't have any of that).

That error you are getting even with the Support ID confirms pretty much that you got something that is blocking the game from connecting to the web. See below.

No a Windows problem per se, but usually something blocking the game from connecting to our servers.
    You need to check your antivirus, firewall and anything similar.
    If the game is being blocked from connecting to our servers, none of the online features will work.

6. SuitedPenguin

SuitedPenguin
    Expand Collapse

Tried to find something in my antivirus, my firewall and other places but didn´t find anything.

Ended up reinstalling my windows, because I had connection problems with other apps and games too so it had to be something corrupt, missing or just wrong, and since I wasn´t able to find it I just had to reinstall.

Everything works now so thanks for the help and I hope that a better solution is found when somebody else gets this problem.

Sorry if something I said was difficult to understand since english isn´t really my first language.

Thanks again for the help. :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice