1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Can anyone explain this? (falling through the ground?!)

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by garyjpaterson, Feb 1, 2014.

1. garyjpaterson

garyjpaterson
    Expand Collapse

The video shows what the problem is:

In the video im not braking, thats the car randomly getting stuck in the terrain. Its the Industrial map, which ive been editing to make a simple 1/4mile strip. All ive been doing is removing trees, flattening terrain, adding roads and painting textures.

Why do the cars seem to 'catch' on the road, and in places get stuck altogether. It happens with all cars, and the same places each time (you can see the tire marks from before).

Any help would be great!

#1 garyjpaterson, Feb 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2015
  2. Miura

Miura
    Expand Collapse

It could be caused by the depth map in places where there used to be a mud pit or such. Try deleting the .ter.depth.png file from the map, or paint it white in an image editor that keeps the same format.

3. SHOme1289

SHOme1289
    Expand Collapse

I noticed the ground clipping when I go into editor mode, mess with the terrain heightmap (make bumps, mountains, etc) and when I go back into play mode, the car goes through the ground I just heightened or it clips and explodes. I figured out that you need to pause physics (J key) and THEN go into editor, do your work, then go back out into play mode, then unpause physics, but only after you literally move the car in editor mode so its above the surface. basically, it has to reset the heightmap and if you leave the car where it was and move the terrain around it, it wont update itself automatically. hope that helps :0

4. garyjpaterson

garyjpaterson
    Expand Collapse

OK, after exiting out of the game and loading the edited level again, it seems to have fixed. Thanks anyway!

Going to make a video with their quarter mile times!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice