Can I Upload this car?

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by beamdog, Aug 20, 2017.

1. beamdog

beamdog
    Expand Collapse

For the past couple of days I have been working on the Subaru Impreza 22b mod. I was wondering if I could upload it onto the forum, so people wouldn't have to adventure onto modsgaming. All I did was make configs and take pictures with the Thumbnail Generator. I heard that Mythbuster does not use the forum anymore so I don't know who to ask about this. Sorry If I posted this in the wrong spot.

284160_screenshots_20170820124839_1.jpg 284160_screenshots_20170820124831_1.jpg

2. Viewer

Viewer
    Expand Collapse

3. Ezo

Ezo
    Expand Collapse

You made it better? if yes awesome, but you can only upload it on the forums with the author credited!

4. beamdog

beamdog
    Expand Collapse

I didn't really make it better, I just took made configs and took pictures for them. The whole body is the same, as is the engine.

5. Ezo

Ezo
    Expand Collapse

anyways awesome that you remebered of a old mod like this and making it assecible to the comunnity again! (also good job with the pics! :) )

6. beamdog

beamdog
    Expand Collapse

7. Ezo

Ezo
    Expand Collapse

8. MilanKD

MilanKD
    Expand Collapse

So when are you uploading? Cant wait to Drive ahum crash ahum this thing!

9. CaptanW

CaptanW
    Expand Collapse

"All I did was make configs and take pictures with the Thumbnail Generator."
    ummm, i would not. You did not do that much at all. The thumbnails dont really look like the dev ones too. IF you do a complete overhaul of all the files and update it to the current version and get credit then maybe. When i did a remake on mythbusters HellJeep i reworked all the configs, added thumbnails, deleted old outdated files and added and updated info.json files for every config. I also got written permission from mythbuster to reupload it with clear permission.

My HellJeep remake: https://www.beamng.com/resources/hellhopper.1819/

10. fivedollarlamp

fivedollarlamp
    Expand Collapse

good job advertising your mods

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. CaptanW

CaptanW
    Expand Collapse

thanks! :)

12. beamdog

beamdog
    Expand Collapse

I wasn't planning to do a complete overhual of the files, I don't have any experience or know-how to rewrite the whole car. In my opinion, I think it would be more fun if it had the original files and such. Kind of like a blast from the past. I have heard that mythbuster does not use the forum anymore, so I didn't know who to ask, as I have never attempted anything remotely close to this. I see that some people really want to slam this thing into a wall at 300+ MPH. I don't think I could redo the whole car in less than a week, because I need to go back to school soon. Also this mod is not on the forum (as far as I can tell) so I would just be making this mod publicly available to everyone, crediting the original 22b team of course! If everything goes well I might be able to upload it tomorrow. (BTW it looks like you did a great job on the HellJeep)

13. Taza

Taza
    Expand Collapse

I "improved" DSC Bora. This included all thermals, brakes, thumbnails, realistic tires, a couple variables and some general jbeam updates like flywheels and proper drag values. But it still needs new power train, sounds (suspension and engine), new-ish suspension and common wheels. Meaning I wouldn't upload that even if I got permission.

14. CaptanW

CaptanW
    Expand Collapse

i asked mythbuster for permission. He gets on sometimes so it could be a while.I would just ask and wait.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice