Can my computer run decent games?

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware' started by TheCarCrusher, Jun 22, 2017.

1. TheCarCrusher

TheCarCrusher
    Expand Collapse

I just got a new pc and I am just wondering if you can play any good and modern games on my pc.
    My pc specs are:

upload_2017-6-21_17-39-12.png

2. Car crusher

Car crusher
    Expand Collapse

Your laptop (if im not mistaken), is reasonably weak... You should be able to play some modern games, but you will have to brute force performance (low settings), and even after that you might get sub 30fps

3. Rainvest

Rainvest
    Expand Collapse

Integrated Graphics. We meet again.

4. TheCarCrusher

TheCarCrusher
    Expand Collapse

What, its not a laptop though... Its a computer. I got it off ebay for $400. Beamng and ETS2, ATS, Minecraft, ROBLOX, Tomb Raider, Cities Skylines, Simcity, Sims 4 are all the modern games that I have. Beamng could play on medium settings and it will run at 15 - 40 FPS. I could get a new graphics card, so can you guys help me what graphics card I should replace with my ATI Radeon R6 graphics card? Someone please reply with a decent graphics card that could play modern games fairly well with medium settings.

5. Rainvest

Rainvest
    Expand Collapse

RX 460.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Berke

Berke
    Expand Collapse

Aww no for 400....

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. BombBoy4

BombBoy4
    Expand Collapse

I got my rig for 450, so you got completely ripped off. You might as well get a new build, that CPU and GPU are both horrible.
    An I3 or R3 paired with RX 460 or even RX 550 will run this game 60FPS medium-high settings and 3-6 cars 1080p.
    If that's not enough for you, if you just upgrade the gpu in this build, not much will happen except slightly better graphics settings on the same fps because you'll be bottlenecked by your CPU.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

If the cpu is not soldered onto the board, you might be able to find an upgrade for it cheap enough. I wouldn't say it's entirely worth upgrading though. The computer isn't out of date so much as it's just not designed for beamng.drive in mind.

Get anything with an i3, i5, or i7, or Ryzen CPU, intel 4xxx CPU or better for maximum Beamng.drive performance.
    intel 4xxx series processors and above (haswell, devil's canyon, broadwell, skylake, kaby lake etc) have 256bit FPU and this helps beamng.drive physics immensely.
    Ryzen series cpu from AMD is also a very good performer, as it just came out and is wonderfully great at performing in Beamng.drive. Can be tricky with RAM speeds and compatibility if you don't have the BIOS updates to the latest version, so build with a knowledgeable friend handy if you're going this route! Do your research, and the rewards are great.
    Ryzen also offers the best DEAL for folks on a budget.

If your Windows 10 is OEM license (any), you'll need a version once you remove & upgrade the motherboard to stay in compliance with the OEM license terms, which clearly states that OEM copy of Windows is tied to the MOTHERBOARD.
    If you have RETAIL Windows 10 (or previous Windows copy Retail + free Win 10 upgrade), you may change the motherboard without invalidating Windows Activation procedure/means. Budget for this, please don't pirate, it lets viruses in.

The video in that computer isn't a write off, sure it's not awesome ground breaking stuff but it's enough to game on, albeit with lowering some settings to medium or low on the newest games, but many games will run... slowly.
    Just know there is better out there, much better.

We all must learn somewhere, chalk the deal up to a loss and consider upgrading the machine or replacing it (smarter move if it's a pre-built), with an intel 4xxx series or new cpu-based machine or a Ryzen-based machine. Just know that video card prices are super-expensive right now due to the BITCOIN/Ethereum mining craze going on right now. This will recede eventually in the coming month or two, and prices should return to normal as the stock re-saturates the market.
    So, maybe hang onto the machine until video card prices return to normal, otherwise, you'll be spending a pretty penny there or have to buy something temporary for video output.

On the bright side, turn off SHADOWS for a boost in CPU performance in Beamng.drive, and also, turning off collision can help, but that's a last-ditch effort as that takes some of the fun away from the game.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice