1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Can you make engine swaps?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by .Alpha, Aug 12, 2013.

1. .Alpha

.Alpha
    Expand Collapse

So devs are you able to swap engines from cars so I can put the civetta's engine into the pigeon to make the little bird fly? (once it's added into the game of course) If you can't do that I'm gonna cry.

2. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

When we support loading multiple .DAEs, and translating meshes/parts, then it should be relatively easy. Right now it's nearly impossible.

3. Goliith

Goliith
    Expand Collapse

Otherwise, you can essentially do just that by making a copy of the Engine you want to 'swap out' and replacing all the engine statistics with the stats from the engine you want to 'swap in' change the RPM and Torque values, and then use the same Transmission stats as well, and badaboom, essentially the other engine in the new car. you wont get the weight characteristics unless you clone ALL the info, but its much less work.

4. totallygnarly

totallygnarly
    Expand Collapse

How do you do this?

5. bza420

bza420
    Expand Collapse

if you want to add more power/torque to the engine just go to ur vehicles/*carnname*/ folder and find the engine.jbeam file and open it in notepad and look at the top for RPM/Torque and just increase the values to give the car more HP

6. Mopower77

Mopower77
    Expand Collapse

I know this is an old thread but it seems to be the only one that's very relative based on the search function. It'd be awesome to swap motors from, say, the bluebuck to the grand Marshall. A lot more ponies, as well as getting a heavier rear end. Say the one out of the pickup (d150) . And it'd be great to get some really short gears for the big block that's getting stuffed in there

7. Zappymouse

Zappymouse
    Expand Collapse

Just find carname_engine.jbeam for the engine you want and transplant the torque + trans values from there to the other *_engine.jbeam.

8. Petrovsky

Petrovsky
    Expand Collapse
    duplicate account of banned user AwesomeSauce

I think he meant the model aswell. Also, MULTI DAE SUPPORT IS NOW IN GAME :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice