Unsolved Cannot Locate Resources (mis.decals)

Discussion in 'Mod Support' started by AaronL, Nov 24, 2016.

1. AaronL

AaronL
    Expand Collapse

I've been trying to get my track to work for a few weeks now. I modeled an object in blender, exported it as a .dae and placed it on the track with the ingame terrain editor. I saved the .mis file, edited the info file and transferred the edited files (mis.decals and material.cs files) from the levels folder into the zip file for my track mod. Everything shows up ingame fine except for an error relating to the mis.decals. Whenever I spawn the track or collide with any part of my the object I made, I get a "failed to create resource" error, relating to the mis.decals file. I've tried to redo the entire process multiple times with different objects, but I always end up with this same error.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks.

Attached Files:

#1 AaronL, Nov 24, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2016
  2. Matchbox201

Matchbox201
    Expand Collapse

I had a similar issue with another track recently. So I thought I'd take a look...

Man, was I pleasantly surprised to see what track this was! I have been waiting for you to 'release' it since I saw your earlier screenshot in the CRD group.

Anyways, I took the liberty to fix it - as a token of my appreciation :) I'll send you a PM

3. AaronL

AaronL
    Expand Collapse

This hero solved my problem and I am eternally grateful.

• Like Like x 1
  4. IloinenUkkeli (Fin)

IloinenUkkeli (Fin)
    Expand Collapse

How did you do it? My map has the same issue. :/

5. Matchbox201

Matchbox201
    Expand Collapse

This particular issue - The .mis.decals file had somehow gotten corrupted.

Fixed by creating a new one from the GridMap.mis.decals file (copied to map folder and rename appropriately)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice