1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Cant do anything after accidentally opening the console

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by AMDFreak2006, Aug 11, 2013.

1. AMDFreak2006

AMDFreak2006
    Expand Collapse

Hi, i noticed 2 bugs.

First, the Ibushu Covet has only one mirror. The right one is missing. Would be nice to fix this.

Second, if I press the key to get to the console (on German keyboard layout its next to letter "L") and i close the console with the same key again, my car disappears and no matter what I do (loading another track per main menu, another car, etc.), i never get to see a car again. Also, I can't do anything after this. Even the camera-keys aren't working anymore, no matter which map I load.

Best regards and thanks for this awesome game. Keep going :)

#1 AMDFreak2006, Aug 11, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2013
  2. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

It isn't meant to have a right mirror, don't know about the other one.

3. AMDFreak2006

AMDFreak2006
    Expand Collapse

Oh, too bad. Maybe it's possible to make a version with two mirrors. I really think that it would look even better with two mirrors.

4. Coovargo

Coovargo
    Expand Collapse

There could be an extra mirror in the future. But for now im sure it was just designed to look a little junkier with one mirror.

Did you make sure physics isn't paused with J? Cant go into editor and select free camera and create a car?

#4 Coovargo, Aug 11, 2013
  5. RedBolide

RedBolide
    Expand Collapse

Actually, many older cars only had one mirror. Rather than using a passenger side mirror, drivers would rely on one side mirror and the rear view mirror. It was mostly just to save money, since it wasn't necessarily needed on cars. Most cheaper Japanese cars were produced with only one mirror, having a passenger side mirror as an option.
    1979_civic_wikimedia_m.jpg
    This '79 Civic only has a mirror on the driver side door.
    84hondacivic4dr500.jpg
    Here's another Civic from '84. Look at how peachy the driver looks, and he only has one mirror.

#5 RedBolide, Aug 11, 2013
  6. Summerfriend

Summerfriend
    Expand Collapse

And all of this time I played with other cars and removing windows from the passenger sides.. I have not played with Ibishu at all so I didn't know it had what I liked. Too bad it's the only good thing about it.

7. AMDFreak2006

AMDFreak2006
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, I know, but the '83 3. generation Civic, which I think the Ibushu is based on, has mostly a right mirror. 1500s_with_bear_wheels.jpg
    It looks much better then^^

8. moosedks

moosedks
    Expand Collapse

AFAIK gabe's car is based in general on 80s japanese shitboxes that perform horribly in crashes and not specifically one car

9. AMDFreak2006

AMDFreak2006
    Expand Collapse

Thanks, that was it. I accidentally must have typed the "J" key.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice