1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Can't make a custom configuration stop changing color in traffic? Since 0.23

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by roland91, Jul 1, 2021.

1. roland91

roland91
    Expand Collapse

Previously custom configs never changed their colour and it seems that it has been "fixed"...

Unfortunately I would really need some configurations to not change colour after they get respawned, like police cars for example.

I did try to write the word police into the name of the config since that worked at some point, but not anymore.

Will note that my "police" configs do NOT have any beacons or other actual police equipment, they are more of a military type thing.

So, anyone have any ideas what I should do?

2. roland91

roland91
    Expand Collapse

So, I technically got it working.

I had to make an "info_config name.json" file, which I thought was just for the description of the vehicle.

I ended up writing the word police anywhere I could, including the file names.
    {
    "Configuration":"Endurodrome Police 2",
    "Description":"This is a police test config with an automatic transmission",
    "Drivetrain":"RWD",
    "Value":"1200",
    "Performance Class":"6",
    "Config Type":"Police",
    "default_color":"Pearl White"
    }

I have one more question though: are there any other "keywords" that would stop configs from changing color in traffic?

3. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

There's also "Custom" and "Service" I believe. But no idea why the trick with naming the pc file even stopped working in the first place, that messed up a lot of my custom configs too (I mostly just make police cars too).

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice