1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Car customization

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by stephen f, Oct 6, 2012.

1. stephen f

stephen f
    Expand Collapse

What is the customization like in the game?

is it a drop down menu type thing where we pick which part to install or is it more in depth like in street legal racing redline?

here's a video of slrr car customization:

#1 stephen f, Oct 6, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2015
  2. Trykkestar

Trykkestar
    Expand Collapse

That would be so cool! I'd love to see something like that. You could really personalize your vehicles. Midnight Club had a simpler but just as great system for customization. I'm curious to see how BeamNG does it.

#2 Trykkestar, Oct 7, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2015
  3. 3dn00b

3dn00b
    Expand Collapse

this isnt the point of the game, so i dont see why it should be in there.

4. Hati

Hati
    Expand Collapse

There's no reason why not, its all down to content creators. We've already been told that we can expect part swapping.

5. Trykkestar

Trykkestar
    Expand Collapse

In that case, why don't they just give us one car in a white room? Because nobody would want to play it (especially if the game costs money!). Customization would be fun and add a level of personalization to the game. There are a MILLION things that don't necessarily relate directly to the game, but should be implemented to make the final product a game we want to play. Besides, can you honestly say that you wouldn't like to customize your car, even if it's just changing the color or swapping rims? ;)

6. LJFHutch

LJFHutch
    Expand Collapse
    Environment Artist
    BeamNG Team

I had so much fun with Street Legal back in the day, it had amazing customization.

7. stephen f

stephen f
    Expand Collapse

If the customization is like street legal, it would also work with fixing cars. Lets say you hit the front end of your car, you could fix just the parts that needs fixing.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice