Car facelifts or new generations that worked perfectly

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by Youngtimer, Mar 1, 2018.

1. on3cherryshake

on3cherryshake
    Expand Collapse

Yes, seriously! Why do you have to tell everyone they're wrong? What is your issue? Here, let me try.
    What the heck is that thing? It's ugly in both generations. The bottom one looks like an egg with the windowline of a 2013 Honda Odyssey. *vomit*

OT: C5 Audi A6.
    2006-audi-a6-rearside_aua6sed062.jpg 2009-audi-a6-1310329-8959553.jpg
    2006 on the left, 2009 on the right
    --- Post updated ---
    320.jpg
    I don't see a difference :p

2. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

Those 2 Cherokees are an insult to the originals. The Grand Cherokee in the modern age is way better.
    Also, that's the Meriva. By the way, how is the second one ugly? (There was an car called Egg, just so you know.)
    How the hell can you not tell? The Meriva's shorter, a bit less taller, and is not produced in America. (The Odyssey in Japan is way different, but the 4th JDM gen is actually shorter than the Meriva B.)

#202 General S'mores, Apr 16, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
  3. on3cherryshake

on3cherryshake
    Expand Collapse

I told you how it was ugly. The cherokees are not an insult, the only problem was the 9-speed in its early days and that wasn’t even Chrysler’s fault. And you don’t seem to understand the point of SARCASM or HYPERBOLE

4. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

You don't seem to get HOW TO BE SARCASTIC! It's not an hyperbole, rather an idiotic sentence. Plus, how is it sarcastic if you connect it to something you delivered in an serious way? If you were actually sarcastic, you could've written an side note like /s to indicate sarcasm. You didn't, so that would be taken as idiotic or serious.
    Also, you DIDN'T mention the 9-speed issue, so don't throw information at me that you should've shared earlier.
    Next, you only told me it looked like an egg? So? The Isetta looked like a bubble, but people liked it anyways. Shape and window line doesn't make an car ugly, and I've seen worse.
    Lastly, I call them "insults" because they don't seem to get what the Cherokee should look like, and it's sleek design was not an good choice at all.

5. on3cherryshake

on3cherryshake
    Expand Collapse

I don't understand how you didn't see that post was sarcasm. The :p emoji and insulting context didn't give it away? Good lord! Some people, man. Why don't you understand that you're WRONG? I'm ending this here. This is childish. Have a nice day, sir.

ON TOPIC! :D
    Jeep Wrangler! The JK was great, the JL is even better!
    images.jpeg 2018-Jeep-Wrangler-Unlimited-Sahara.jpg

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

T_T
    Why do you not understand how to deliver sarcasm.
    THIS IS THE F*CKING INTERNET, NOT RL SOCIALIZING!
    OT:

7. on3cherryshake

on3cherryshake
    Expand Collapse

Toyota’s Land Cruiser J200. Second facelift -> third facelift was awesome. Still missing modern tech but great vehicle overall
    42F7A68B-83D5-42BD-AB58-144B66E7AFA9.jpeg D1100F03-2CC1-4B65-9C53-7F1B33A0ED4B.jpeg

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. iam2cool4u

iam2cool4u
    Expand Collapse

Lexus made a grille smaller for once lel

10. MrAnnoyingDude

MrAnnoyingDude
    Expand Collapse

It was back when people still used VHS.

11. Ytrewq

Ytrewq
    Expand Collapse

I liked the old one more, the design looked cleaner. As on modern tech, this car doesn't really need it.

12. on3cherryshake

on3cherryshake
    Expand Collapse

Right, I totally agree. At least on the tech. The only thing I wish it had was a way better infotainment. Like, Uconnect with an 8.4 inch touchscreen in the new Land Cruiser would make it perfect. It just needs something else to justify its price.

13. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

Well, get to the Prado and you'll get plenty of over-priced for sale.
    https://www.tradecarview.com/used_car/toyota/land cruiser prado/
    Like, Jesus Toyota (plus the sellers)! Is it really that valuable?

14. on3cherryshake

on3cherryshake
    Expand Collapse

15. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

You can get an Crown Majesta, an more luxurious vehicle of the Crown, for an cheaper price than an high-spec Land Cruiser that has an bigger price tag than it should have.

16. on3cherryshake

on3cherryshake
    Expand Collapse

It has such a big price tag because Land Cruisers are famously unkillable. The reason other cars depreciate so much is because they aren't anywhere near as reliable as a Land Cruiser.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

So is the Hilux, and still lives to this day (except in the US, which I find pretty unfair). Also, for an reliable car, that engine doesn't kick as well as it should, with or without passengers.
    Also, like you said about the regular Land Cruiser, it doesn't have the modern technology that it should have. (Somewhat similar issue on the 2017 MDX)
    It's last issue is that most off-road tech works in low-range, but other than that, it's an solid car like the Sera (which only had one issue relating to the doors, but every other factor of it made it such an likable vehicle).

18. on3cherryshake

on3cherryshake
    Expand Collapse

True but my point still stands. What other car can you buy like a Land Cruiser, Hilux or Tundra that won't die? That's why they're expensive.

19. Ytrewq

Ytrewq
    Expand Collapse

It's the best SUV ever built, it deserves such a price tag.
    Um, Land Cruiser is a family-friendly car and Hilux is a workhorse.
    The Land Cruiser wasn't meant to kick or have a lot of modern tech. It was meant to survive in conditions where SUVs that offer modern tech will kick only one thing - the bucket.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. on3cherryshake

on3cherryshake
    Expand Collapse

Anyways! Back on topic. Let's all appreciate the gargantuan Tundra from 2012 and then 2017.
    maxresdefault.jpg 611664c5bec3f8bbb266f03d269d9d92.jpg

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice