1. Stuck, Having problems with creating your mod? Let us help you: Mod Support

WIP Beta released Car Jump Arena BETA 4 Version 1702

Jump! Flip! Speeding! Crashing cars!

1. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

Out of curiosity, what is your computer's CPU/Graphics Card/VRAM/System Ram specifications?
    Do they meet the minimum required specifications for this game?
    Not being mean, merely asking, as I make maps myself, but had 0 issues running this on a 'modest gaming computer' that's dated a few years (it's over 4 years old with a 2 year old Radeon RX 480 and the RAM is maxed at 32gb and stuffed with SSD's for said map-making).
    Turn off reflections to help GPU and CPU (lessens draw calls = helps CPU)
    Turn off shadows (helps CPU substantially) or set to player only
    Turn off SSAO (helps GPU and may lower draw calls - not sure but it helps)
    Make sure you don't exceed the graphics memory of your computer - this is separate from system memory (even though it may be a portion of the system memory on some lower-end machines). If you exceed this, things will be forced to be stored in system memory, and things slow down exponentially. I'm talking from 40~50fps to 10fps or less. Don't do that. Lower the graphics texture detail here to help, if you're on integrated graphics, please use LOW settings as even on medium my maps for example can gobble up 1~2gb with zero issue.

I am not the author of this map, but I am familiar with this map, and I've been mapping several years now (about 3 years, and modding games for about 25 years). I tend to infest the forums on a regular basis with the side-effect of book-like posts (I also sell reading glasses - kidding). I might be able to help you though.

2. refined98

refined98
    Expand Collapse

my fav map of the game! really hope there's some new stuff coming with the author of this map.

3. C747

C747
    Expand Collapse

Sorry for the bump
    Will it run well or close to well with a:
    Intel Pentium G2020 2.90GHz
    4GB RAM
    And a (crappy) Intel HD Graphics
    Economy please get your SHIT toghether...

4. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

Your computer is under the recommended requirements for this game. Your computer might also NOT meet the minimum graphics requirements, graphics-wise.
    That being said, putting things on LOW and at 720p resolution (important on intel graphics), might get you pretty far. The processor should be just OK enough, though I wouldn't go any lower. Time to talk to some friends and see if you can buy a cheap 20~30$ used graphics card, that about meets the minimum requirements and will still run with your system ( pre-built computers can be picky, especially on power requirements, also, don't buy a small machine and expect to cram a giant graphics card into it!).
    All things considered, you will have much better luck on version 0.15 vs version 0.14 due to speed improvements... but if you somehow manage to get 30fps there, on LOW or LOWEST, I would be very satisfied with that result. That machine is NOT made for gaming.

--Good luck. You should report back if it runs, how well it runs, what's the lowest FPS, highest FPS, average FPS you get in the map, etc, so that others know too.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice