1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Car Mods are all invisible

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by eastonc72, Feb 13, 2015.

1. eastonc72

eastonc72
    Expand Collapse

I have no idea what is going on here, but its been a while since ive played, and now at version 0.3.7.6 my car mods are all funky. So most of them load themselves up, however there is no car visible. I am literally an invisible car, driving around. Then, getting even weirder, those mods derived from the actually cars revert to the car derived from, except red and mistextured. Can I at least get some assistance with getting my mods back up and showing so I can play again please...

2. BaronRedStorm

BaronRedStorm
    Expand Collapse

Could you define, Wich mods?

3. eastonc72

eastonc72
    Expand Collapse

All of mine are. Some examples are the Kia Ceed, the Nissan GTR VSpec, Range Rovers (i have all the rover mods and all are failing), CS5 corvette, and the toyota altezza. All of the mods with the exception of like the toyota corolla are invisible.

4. ioannaoi

ioannaoi
    Expand Collapse

It's because on previous versions of the game the mod makers could distribute the cache folder of their mods and avoid distributing the model, this no longer works in the current version.
    Also make sure to get mods from the forums, it looks like you've got some 'Russian' mods from dodgy websites courtesy of a google search.
    Also there seem to be a lot of similar threads so please conduct a search, to see if anything helps before making a thread.

5. Nate2826

Nate2826
    Expand Collapse

probably its those poorly made cars off of other websites, just delete those and only get cars from the beamng forums so you can trust what you get

I had this issue with those other poorly made cars from other websites on other versions of beamng so i had to delete them and only get cars from the beamng site

6. Dc5R

Dc5R
    Expand Collapse

Use.mods.only.from.the.forums.

7. BaronRedStorm

BaronRedStorm
    Expand Collapse

Those damn Russian mods, Get mods from here please!
    Thank you.

8. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Some mods instead of bundling the .dae file instead bundle the torque3d cached mesh file. This only works in older beamng versions. Very few mods on these forums did it, it was mostly a thing the crap mods did, which yours are.

Your mods, if you turn on jbeam debugging you will find are just stock vehicles with a mesh stolen from another game (uncredited, and no credit to gabester for his stock vehicle jbeams) and slapped onto the completely non fitting stock jbeam. From the games point of view, you are driving an original vehicle, its just drawn with the wrong model on it and as a result the collisions don't match up properly.

The forums range rover mod I believe works. The corolla should only be downloaded here too (a few 3rd party sites have pikied the thing)

9. eastonc72

eastonc72
    Expand Collapse

Well thanks I guess for the assistance. I suppose we have a russian problem here or something though? The cars were functional and cool, so I am not getting why you guys jumped up my a** over it. I mean, a mod is a mod because it is not created by the owner of the program. And if they really aren't of any quality, then why do they get promoted by xexeom? Truly guys, thanks, just don't dis something because it isn't legitimate.

10. Hotwheelerguy

Hotwheelerguy
    Expand Collapse

The problem with those Russian websites is that they don't do any of their own work. They only steal other people's work and claim it as their own. They even steal well made mods here from the forums and often don't give credit. Imagine putting hours and hours of work into on a mod and then have someone else take credit for it.

They have also been known to pirate the game illegally.

Bottom line... those sites are NOT a good place to get your mods.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice