Solved car part exploads on contact

Discussion in 'Mod Support' started by i.want.to.mod, May 5, 2020.

1. i.want.to.mod

i.want.to.mod
    Expand Collapse

as the title reads, i have a car im making with a custom jbeam however, when i hit the back of the car, the tailgate exploads and the flexbody disappears. How can i fix this?

2. FiveSixSeven

FiveSixSeven
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

I think the problem is in the jbeam

3. JsZ

JsZ
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

wow didn't know that dood

in most cases the nodeweight may be too low for the beamspring/beamdamp values which causes high stress
    check the stress on the jbeam with jbeam debug

4. i.want.to.mod

i.want.to.mod
    Expand Collapse

no matter how much i change up the damp or weight, the thing still exploads on a higher impact.the stress is staying the same when i change the values.
    --- Post updated ---
    scratch that. I just need to experiment with the beamspring. as soon as i lowered the value the stress has faded and the part no longer explodes. I need to make it stiffer though so it doesnt look like a damn blanket on the back of the car and maybe add some beamspring/damp to different parts of the part.

5. i.want.to.mod

i.want.to.mod
    Expand Collapse

scratch that. I just need to experiment with the beamspring. as soon as i lowered the value the stress has faded and the part no longer explodes. I need to make it stiffer though so it doesnt look like a damn blanket on the back of the car and maybe add some beamspring/damp to different parts of the p
    ok so im having the issue in the tailgate, could the exploding issue be tied to the body of the car?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice