Car trailer for Gavril D15

Discussion in 'Community Mods - Archived' started by Sevennemesis, Nov 5, 2013.

1. Byodood

Byodood
    Expand Collapse

Can we ban people who say this and variations of? It is literally what killed ROR, and will be the death of BNG as well.

2. D7er5eer

D7er5eer
    Expand Collapse

Okay, one question you got a at least think about: How are you going to connect a trailer to a pickup truck in BeamNG.drive? Are you just going to connect the pickup truck for us or something?:confused:

3. Sevennemesis

Sevennemesis
    Expand Collapse

right now, this is the only way. trailer comes with gavril_D-15, and the trailer is optional.

4. JDMClark

JDMClark
    Expand Collapse

What's the status on this trailer? Can't be too hard to model 2 tires lol.

5. Garebear

Garebear
    Expand Collapse

If you could take wheel wedges and put them on the front of the trailer floor couldn't that keep the car in place? In the f11 editer you can pause an position the car with its wheels in the wedges. The side rails of the trailer could keep it from sliding side to side and the wedges to keep it from going front to back. Unless you crash into it and it gets slammed out of place. I've putt wedges on my flatbed to keep the cars in place from falling off. It could be an add on part to the truck like "trailer:with wedges" or "trailer:w/o wedges". This is just my input if course. Just a suggestion.

6. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

The problem is that currently, wall collision will only work from one side. You have to choose between it working for outside collisions or inside collisions. We know how to fix this, and are hoping to implement the fix for the next update, but right now this is why you can't carry things in the cargo box of the H45 or the bed of the D15 - as soon as a node touches the inside of the wall, it goes through and gets stuck on the other side.

7. Garebear

Garebear
    Expand Collapse

So when I do get my rollback in game(which I'm having a bunch of trouble with) I can't put a car on it? I'm trying to work so hard on this but I'll probably have to wait. But Gabe, will you help me with mine on my thread please please?

Anyways.. If we were to choose inside collision then the outside wouldn't deform? Or uhmm, By the car being on the trailer would the trailer then become sort of invincible?

8. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

If the col tris face inwards, then if you hit the wall from the outside, your car will instantly and permanently get stuck to it, but you'll be able to carry things inside the walls.

9. Sevennemesis

Sevennemesis
    Expand Collapse

it's been a week since I'm sick! I'll get back to work soon. sorry

10. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

Don't be sorry; we understand. Being sick sucks.

11. Garebear

Garebear
    Expand Collapse

Just like Drive, when this is released everyone will totally forget about the delay (;

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice