WIP Beta released Carvalho de Rei - Rallye de Portugal [Rfactor port][now with pacenotes support!]

Discussion in 'Terrains, Levels, Maps' started by SomeVietnameseplayer, Feb 8, 2022.

1. rmfurm

rmfurm
    Expand Collapse

The thing with the particles going into the car are hard coded into the game, nothing the map author can do about it.

2. locualo

locualo
    Expand Collapse

well it's not so bad, they are only at the beginning.
    i would make the road dirt instead of gravel tho

3. angelo234

angelo234
    Expand Collapse
    Programmer
    BeamNG Team

In real life the stage is on gravel so I think the road texture should be gravel. I agree that the gravel road texture isn't the best quality, so I'd suggest using the gravel texture from the Automation Test Track gravel circuit.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. SomeVietnameseplayer

SomeVietnameseplayer
    Expand Collapse

New update! Now with better marshallers and some props!

• Like Like x 4
  5. lellolillili

lellolillili
    Expand Collapse

Pacenotes for ff and reverse!
    (see attachment)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  6. angelo234

angelo234
    Expand Collapse
    Programmer
    BeamNG Team

Here's my run with pace notes:

The pace notes I think for the tarmac stage are pretty accurate. For the gravel stage, I think that the pace notes need to be modified to fit the gravel surface since the pace notes seem to be tuned for tarmac. Also I had to rename the pace note director mod to come after Dummiesman's pace note mod for your voices to be used.

• Like Like x 1
  7. lellolillili

lellolillili
    Expand Collapse

Yes, tar and gravel are the same set of pacenotes. To make pacenote writing easier I'm using the convention that numbers describe corner severity, not speed. So generally, when driving on gravel you should go slower than you would when on tarmac. This makes pacenote writing wayyy easier.

Thanks so much for reporting this. I'll recommend the unpack and rename hack on my repo page. I can't really debug this sorta thing since different people seems to be getting different behaviors. Maybe @Dummiesman can help out with this by making it possible to change voice packs on his mod if he's interested in the project.

• Like Like x 1
  8. angelo234

angelo234
    Expand Collapse
    Programmer
    BeamNG Team

Sorry it took a while to make this post but @lellolillili I wanted to improve the pace notes in a few sections of the stage and attached is the modified prefab (rename the file extension to .prefab since the forums doesn't allow uploading .prefab files lol)

Also for some reason, the word "finish" doesn't get spoken at the end for me.

Attached Files:

9. lellolillili

lellolillili
    Expand Collapse

That's awesome, thanks! I'll include it in the next release (which is very close, I'm just double checking the pacenotes atm)! You might wanna post it in the Carvalho map thread as well in the meanwhile.
    That's normal, it never worked and I forgot to fix that, thanks for reminding me.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice