Certain cars from a website

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by 93Volvo240, May 24, 2020.

1. 93Volvo240

93Volvo240
    Expand Collapse

Hello everyone,
    I am trying to make a car for BeamNG but do not like modelling. Someone said to try gamemodels.ru. Is that safe to use for BeamNG cars? I am a little skeptical, but they do offer great models. Another option is GTA cars. Can they be used without having to worry about copyright? Thanks.

BeamCar.

2. Davazz

Davazz
    Expand Collapse

I'd recommend you don't use cars from russian websites like that, most of them are ripped from games like Forza so they are not their own.

Why don't make your own cars? You say you want to make a car but you are not willing to make the mesh yourself. That's like saying you want money but are not willing to work :p

Of course at the end you can use models from others, just make sure those models are actually theirs and that you have their permission.

In general, no.

3. TrackpadUser

TrackpadUser
    Expand Collapse

If someone else made the model, it is copyrighted and you need to get permission before being able to post it on the repo.

And be aware that in the case of GTA mods or models found on gamemodels.ru, the person who put them there is often not the owner of the model.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. LJ74

LJ74
    Expand Collapse

Also since gamemodels.ru models are mostly game rips, they tend to have a much higher poly count than beam cars should have which will in turn create lots of weird deformation and spiking
    It's pretty much better in every way to learn and practice making models to make your own from scratch.

• Agree Agree x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice